Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As you can see in the picture, i was able to get an excellent condition, 6ft male Mannequin (headless) for a song! It's EXACTLY what I have been looking for to be able to display my Jason Voorhees costume all year round. I just have two quick questions to make it even better:

1) This style of mannequin has is supported by floor plate with a steel post that goes into one of the feet. My particular costume has boots that go with it. So, short of drilling a hole through the sole of the boot, are there any alternate, simple DIY support options? Perhaps something that invisibly wraps around the waist, or comes out of the back and down to a floor plate?

2) Since there's no head, I would need a way to have the hood/mask combo on the mannequin....whether i find a head and attach it, or if there's some other trick that I can use - I'm not sure. I don't care it's it's an actual head, as long as it serves the purpose. I currently have the hood/mask on a prop head that was used to display sunglasses, but I am not sure if I can attach that to the mannequin, since I am borrowing that particular head from a friend - so an alternative is ideal.

I have also attached a pic of my costume that i made - I even created and painted the mask.

Thanks a TON in advance,

Matt!

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I got the heads from another haunter that was moving and getting rid of most of his props. I wasn't sure what I'd use them for but they're perfect for this application.

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
you could weld a straight piece of metal to back of the stand, lean your mannequin against it, then secure the mannequin with a moving/towing strap at the waist. or if you do not own a welder you can ditch the stand that came with it and build the same concept out of PVC or wood. it really wouldn't matter how you do it as long as the back of the mannequin can be secured to a straight sturdy material. if you have any questions PM me.

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Well, if I were you I would shop at the Salvation Army or thrift shops in your area and buy some cheap boots. They run about $15.00 dollars. Drill a hole thru the sole using a hole saw on a drill press. You can get a cheap drill press at Harbor freight for about 59.00 dollars. It's faster, easier, secure more realistic than any other method I have seen. It's what I do.......

·
Registered
260 Posts
I put heads on mannequins all the time. You can get heads from the beauty schools. They have heads that they practice on and when all the hair is gone they sell them. I just break the plastic ring and scoop out the foam that fills the head. It is kind of a pain and messy, but when it is empty enough you can slide the head onto the neck of the mannequin. I use a couple of hose clamps to hold it in place. It works for me, just another way you could do it. Although the cpr dummies heads idea sound even better and quicker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys!

I'll definitely check the beauty schools tomorrow.

However, today I was able to get a full mannequin that was supported through the calf. Here's the final result (attached) !

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts