Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so nothing like waiting until the last minute (our party is the 17th!) to decide, hey let's tackle another big prop!! :rolleyes:

Here's what I have. I have one of those metal, half circle bars - with 2 shelves on the inside, and the bartender is on the inside of the half cirlce. It's a dark green color.

I usually have lights hanging all on it, and decked out, for my normal pool parties. Last year we used it for the party too, but not altered in anyway.

What I would LOVE to do, is build a shack around it. I know someone on here has the Cider Shack - I'd like to do something like that. 2 walls on each side, a short one in front that runs just under the ledge of the bar....the back maybe just a black curtain, so I can get in and out easy....

Any ideas for a cheap way to do this - or an alternative idea?? I have little time and money at this point! LOL don't we all??!

Any thoughts are appreciated!! :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Carve pink foam board to look like old blocks and just tape it together on the inside of the wall and paint with that granite paint

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you want hard walls like cider shack? same idea as neal, or perhaps make a pvc pipe frame and hang shreaded muslin/ cloth for a more ghostly look.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I had about decided to scratch using the bar, and just make the wood cider shack, so it could be smaller. Not that size is an issue, but would be cheaper on materials. Then I look at creating sheves, etc, and am about decided to just alter the bar since it's exactly what I WANT...but just need creeped out. LOL

Neal, I do like the pink foam idea. Instead of old blocks...maybe make it look like old planks....ok, I like this route....

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
1 x 2 furring strips are cheap and would be easy to make a frame from them. Then skirt the frame with foam, paint and your done! Or skirt the frame with bamboo shades from the store and paint them up to look old and creepy. Hang your lights and your finished!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I'm into overkerkill...2x4s and plywood. I would imagine that the thin sheathing is a 1/2 to a 1/3 the cost of foam.

Or, make walls by attaching pallets together as some have around here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts