Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i just found this site and thought it would be fun to talk to other people about their costumes etc. I am a Sweeney Todd cosplayer, i go to various conventions and cosplay Sweeney Todd there. This is the first costume i have put sooooo much effort into as i really LOVED the movie and am striving for 100% movie accuracy (or as close to it as i can get). I hope to become a regular contributor on this forum and not be a namewaster (as so many people do with my username, it really gets on my nerves)

so maybe soon i will post pictures of my Sweeney Todd costume and what i have done so far.
looking forward to getting to know you all better.
~Sweeney Todd~

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Cor blimey! If it ain't me old mate Sweeney Todd! (*Insert unconvincing Dick Van Dyke cockney accent here*)
A quick "Tuppenny all-orf" my man, and look sharp about it!
:D

Welcome to the Forum Sweeney.
Just a word of advice..If any of your "tools" go missing, you might want to search Wristslitter's house first...;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Greetings & welcome to the fold.

My wife & I went as Sweeney & Lovett last year. Even won a (albeit small) prize at one party. The pics are on my profile, I think. I'm sure yours was much better than mine. My wife totally did hers from scratch, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gathgoyle, well then, you will be welcome, and i can guarantee to give you without penny's charge, the closest shave you'll every know. sit sir sit *points to baraber's chair*

and thanks guys! there are pictures on my profile of my costume, but seeing as no one really goes to profiles (im guessing) i will post them in the Show off Your Costume thread. so you can look for them there
Baron Samedi, LOL thanks for the warning, by the looks of his username i wouldnt be surprised if he was the one who took my "friends". now, How about a shave?

Mr synical i will check out your pictures if they are up on your profile, i will leave comments
and

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, have you seen the new movie or any of the original stage productions? that is indeed the correct order of his name as weird as that may be.
and good question, i was wondering what Baron meant by "Tuppenny all-orf"

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
..... Baron, what the hell does "Tuppenny all-orf" mean? This is a family forum, ya know.
A Tuppeny all-orf my slash-happy friends, is quite simply a haircut.

Back in the good old days when chappies had their hair cut at the local Gentlemans barber rather than having it all poncified at Madame pom-poms salon de coiffure, a quick, simple close cut hairstyle was the order of the day.

For this service, the barber would normally charge two pennies.."Twopence" or "Tuppence" as it was pronounced.

"Orf" is a pronunciation of the word "Off" as used by both the upper Classes("Ai say..me jolly old topper's been blown orf") and the uncouth hoi-polloi. ("Bleedin' kids..Gawn p*ss orf aht of it").
:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahhhh well explained! thanks for that. now it all makes sense

come visit your good friend sweeney and i can guarantee to give you without penny's charge, the closest shave you will ever know *holds up bloody razor*

and where is my avatar? why isnt it showing up?

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
ahhhh well explained! thanks for that. now it all makes sense

come visit your good friend sweeney and i can guarantee to give you without penny's charge, the closest shave you will ever know *holds up bloody razor*

and where is my avatar? why isnt it showing up?
Wristslitters probably had that as well...
Can't leave anything lying around here anymore..

Used to be such a nice place..(mutter, mumble...)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
...and where is my avatar? why isnt it showing up?
Go to your profile page.

click on "User/CP" at the top of the page.

select "Edit avatar" from your control panel on the left of the page.

You should be able to sort it from there.

If not, drop me a message.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome

Shouldnt your name be Todd Sweeney, it just sounds odd the other way. Baron, what the hell does "Tuppenny all-orf" mean? This is a family forum, ya know.
dick van dyke from mary poppins, after that he lost me. already saw your todd's costume. nice job. was a good movie. now to become a barber one must first shave a balloon without popping it. how did you fair there? not to well a presume!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
oh, thanks baron for the explanation. i didn't know that. i have been a hairdresser for 21 years and just now heard that. i love it. that would make a good shop name.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts