Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally almost done my CC. I made it out of a real bucky so it was a bit heavy and I reinforced the frame. Since the head was so heavy I used a counter weight to take the strain off of the motor - a trailer hitch bball was perfect. If something could go wrong it did - my first motor in the cauldron broke, my second motor was too fast, my third motor was too weak. I finally went back to the fast motor and slowed it down with a dimmer switch (I didn't think it would work but it does). The arm came unglued, half of the lights in my coals burned ot and I had to tear apart my great stuff to repair. Finally almost done - the video doesn't show up correctly. I have green lights in the cauldron and in real life the steam glows green. Also he has red LED lights in his skull that shine out thru his eyes. I just need to tidy things up, fine tune the fog and fix the coal lights a bit more. Overall it looks pretty good.

I don't know how to embed so here is a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTNcG7Mazw&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm finally almost done my CC. I made it out of a real bucky so it was a bit heavy and I reinforced the frame. Since the head was so heavy I used a counter weight to take the strain off of the motor - a trailer hitch bball was perfect. If something could go wrong it did - my first motor in the cauldron broke, my second motor was too fast, my third motor was too weak. I finally went back to the fast motor and slowed it down with a dimmer switch (I didn't think it would work but it does). The arm came unglued, half of the lights in my coals burned ot and I had to tear apart my great stuff to repair. Finally almost done - the video doesn't show up correctly. I have green lights in the cauldron and in real life the steam glows green. Also he has red LED lights in his skull that shine out thru his eyes. I just need to tidy things up, fine tune the fog and fix the coal lights a bit more. Overall it looks pretty good.

I don't know how to embed so here is a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTNcG7Mazw&feature=youtu.be
Overall, it looks pretty good? Wow! That looks freaking awesome. Nice job!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Wow! That looks phenomenal! Don't think you could get any better! Sorry to hear the process was so maddening but you can't argue with the results at all. Great work and awesome perseverance!

To embed video, you just need to click the little film strip icon like so and paste in the Youtube URL...

·
Registered
393 Posts
It sure is frustrating when things go wrong, but this is a job well done! I'm impressed. What kind of motor did you end up using?

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow.... that is an incredible prop! It looks very realistic with the smooth motion. I want that skeleton dog! Great job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts