Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited because today was the day I was going to go to Michaels and buy the Spooky Town Express. I'd been pondering it for a while and finally decided to go with it.

I had Malibuman's coupon he'd posted, I had called to make sure it was in-stock and NOT on sale.

I was ready to go.

I rush in the door, head straight to the Lemax section and stop dead in my tracks in front of a 20% off sign. I didn't panic, instead I headed over to the customer service desk and pled my case with the man behind the desk. Well, he was unmovable.

That was when I almost cried in Michaels.

I was so angry I couldn't even use the coupon for anything else in the store! :)

Stupid Michaels. Hmph.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That sucks. Sorry. Ive been to several Michael's in different states and they have always had the worst customer service of any place I've been.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
The store rep you talked to obviously didn't know what they were talking about. They should have checked the "unadvertised sales". Ours has had all Lemax for 25% off for the last week or so. But the coupons do state that they are not usable on sale merchandise. That's why it's so important to get what you want during the first couple of weeks before the "sales" start.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
People here were posting under the Sightings thread early in the week about the sale on Halloween mdse and how this would stop people from being able to use coupons during this time. Believe me you weren't the only one ready to cry over the timing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Bugga, Well at least they have the product in. I have been trying to locate a store near me ( within 50 miles) that carry the department 56 halloween houses. I went on line. jumped in the car and went. To a vacant store. I got smart. went home called the other stores the web site gave me. They too are closed. Bugga Bugga. I would buy on line but they don't have sales.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
If you ever want to buy the Spookytown stuff and get them with the 50% coupons you have to do it within the first month or so of them being out.

They started stocking them at the beginning of July. Most stores had their complete setup the first week.

They ALWAYS put them on sale after about a month - and they most likely will stay on some sort of sale until the end of the season. :(

Sorry you missed out on being able to use the coupon!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frankie's Girl, there were employees stocking the Halloween stuff when I was there no more than five days ago! That's what threw me off.

Thanks for your sympathy everyone. I should have known you'd all been in my place. :)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Frankie's Girl, there were employees stocking the Halloween stuff when I was there no more than five days ago! That's what threw me off.

Thanks for your sympathy everyone. I should have known you'd all been in my place. :)
Yikes! Your store was really behind then! That really blows since you got no chance to even try to get the 50% off if they didn't put their stuff out until they already went on sale. BAD Michaels store!:(

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I think they will take it off sale later...right now they know that there are people like us with our 40 - 50% off coupons waiting for the merch to hit the shelves. They figure the giddy ones will jump at 20% off thinking that they'll think it's the best they can do....be patient...the sale will go away

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
yep it always goes away:) keep checking and be patient:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Last year they put the Spookytown on sale every other week starting in August. Just so happens that when they were on sale, a coupon was availabe therefore you couldn't use it because the merchandise was on sale! I so want a Garden Ridge to come to my area! LOL That way I wouldn't even have to worry about Michaels and from what I understand they are cheaper and carry more of the Spookytown and other Halloween merchandise.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Michael's is getting really bad about their "sales". Unless you buy the stuff you need the week it gets put on the shelf then your SOL until after Halloween. My Michael's slaps a 20% off sign on EVERYTHING! What's bad is that Michael's hasn't received all of the Halloween stuff yet, and I go two 50% off coupons that are about to expire!

Michael's stores did honor competitor coupons, but not anymore.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yah the 20% crap really sucks. My daughter really likes the pumpkin bumper cars one with the removable pieces. Now way I am paying $90 minus 20%.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Bugga, Well at least they have the product in. I have been trying to locate a store near me ( within 50 miles) that carry the department 56 halloween houses. I went on line. jumped in the car and went. To a vacant store. I got smart. went home called the other stores the web site gave me. They too are closed. Bugga Bugga. I would buy on line but they don't have sales.

Thought I should mention that Sears/Kmart (same owners now I guess) carry some of the Spookytown items. You might see what they have.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Yah the 20% crap really sucks. My daughter really likes the pumpkin bumper cars one with the removable pieces. Now way I am paying $90 minus 20%.

Sears/Kmart sells the Wild Pumpkin Ride. I'm thinking this is the piece your daughter was looking for. Not sure if Sears/Kmart has sales coupons too but certainly worth a look.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts

Do you have a Michaels Crafts in your area? Check their store locator online.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I went to Michaels today and felt your pain. I wanted to buy the large witch with the 50% coupon, and lo and behold, it was ON SALE!! NO sign, NO ad, a secret sale of theirs to keep us from using coupons. I didn't buy it, and I'll wait it out, but I was soooo mad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lol yeah, they're huge douchebags. Speaking from my experience as a former employee, I advise anything you really want, you're probably going to have to splurge on. That's how they work, you won't see any good deals until the last week or so before Halloween, and Michaels usually sells out of the good stuff in September, so if there's something you're absolutely dying to have, buy it, otherwise wait it out and see if it's still around when the real sales go on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Must agree with you DeepSix. I hate shopping there, I'm hoping Walmart has some of the same smaller stuff. Right now I don't need anything else so it didn't break my heart not to get the witch. Not too many places in our small city to get larger props.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts