Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a sweet Craigslist deal today--a truckful of styrofoam--FREE. Mainly 4'x4'x3" pieces (approx.) but it also included four 4'x8'x5" pieces and two 3'x4'x5" pieces. What should I make out of all of this? I could make a TON of tombstones, but I find the white styrofoam to be the hardest to work with. Or I could make a raft, and float to Canada.

Any ideas out there? Sarcophagus? Walk-in beer cooler? I dunno. I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
IslandCryptKeeper

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's More!

At least, there was this afternoon. The guy is in North Seattle. I don't know where you are in WA.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frankie's - I like the column idea, but we have an existing fence, and it wouldn't work out very well. We rent, so I can't really redo the fence in victorian wrought iron, as I would like. Landlord, probably wouldn't dig that.

Not sure I understand the well idea. Is that a well a la The Ring?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, a soap company.

It's actually fine European styrofoam. They sometimes get containers from Germany, and he said they are often "padded" with styrofoam. He speculates that they are just trying to dump it off on Americans because it is so hard and/or expensive to get rid of it over there.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Our house is creepy enough as it is, a 1910 original, so I don't think the facade is worth the effort. Maybe a mausoleum. I have yet to build an FCG, and really don't know if I'll get to that this year--much to build, little time. Maybe one of those coffin ice chests would be a good idea, depends on what my hunny says, because that would be two coffins to build (and store :D). Maybe I'll turn the entire bed of my truck into a cooler, that would be sweet if not completely impractical. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts