Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hows everyone?

Cool forum, I've been doing the haunted house thing on off sense I was a kid in the 70s. We had a high school in my part of town that did one every year in their gym. So I grew up with them. Now my son works at them at Halloween.
But the reason I'm here is I've been working on a new liquid cooled computer build. I got the Queen off EBay and I just ordered the Alien Eggs today from SideShow Collectables. The Bust going on top will also come from ShideShow Collectables. The cooling liquid will be the green PrimoChill Vue from PrimoChill .

IMG_20181113_124411234.jpg IMG_20181113_124437529.jpg

You can check out these here: (The site wont let me post a link cause I'm new, so I cheated, you have to copy/paste the following txt into your browser) :)

google.com/search?q=custom+liquid+cooled+computers&num=50&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9t-qdotXeAhV_HTQIHShxDloQ_AUIDygC&biw=1575&bih=784

I'm wanting to redo my cooling tubes and make them more vainy looking by making them slightly wavy instead of the straight and hard 90 bends. But I want to add black liquid latex to them so it adds an Alien F/X to them, like people being cocooned or like the inside of the Alien Egg

Like these here:

coccon.jpg
egg.jpg

I was thinking to do layer upon layer to give it some thickness, but I was looking for some ideas on how to make it happen. Can you guys help out with that?

Thx,
-Dave

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,008 Posts
Hi and welcome! Really cool stuff and I'm sure you'll fit right in around here. :)

I can't really think of anything off hand to get the effect you are describing other than tissue paper or dryer lint paper maché technique maybe? Check out Stolloween for just how crazy amazing you can get with maché...

·
Registered
74 Posts
You could use puffy paint to draw veins on the existing pipes. I had a "mad (corpsed skeleton) scientist" lab this year. I had lab glassware on the table. I used a blacklight and soaked the cartridge from a highlighter to get glowing fluid. The lime green color looked great in the flasks and test tubes.

Just another idea for the piping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the responses, been doing 10's with 1.5 hour commute so I haven't had much time for forum stuff. I just ordered this from ebay s-l1600.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts