Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Haunters and creators!

Here is something I've always wanted to do and I've wanted an Alien Xenomorph costume from the time I saw the first movie I think, so this is the year I make one! I'll post some pics of where I am at but first...I knew what I wanted to do but could not wrap my head around all the individual pieces but I saw one created by Mostlymade online who I give a huge shout out to for showing and explaining the way! I don't know if he is on this Forum but if you are you rock! Second...I am late in posting anything this year, and don't think I did many last year :-( for reasons having nothing to do with the forum, but I am back :). You guys and girls are such very talented folks and I get impressed each time I take a look around.

Ok...I started my Alien head, the chest, and the tail which are probably the hardest and most detailed pieces of it but I wanted to get them done first so it gets easier the farther I get. I have the shape of the head done and working on the double mouth and side ribs next, Also have about 50% of the chest, and 75% tail done so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made progress on my Alien Xenomorph costume this weekend. I've been doing a little here and there to different parts but wanted to knock out, or almost knock out, one complete part of it so I focused primarily on the tail.

I now just have the top ribbed bones to cut and glue on then paint all the foam. The tail can be raised up high or lowered to flow straight out behind me. I haven't decided which way to go yet but its adjistable so can play with it.

Here are some latest pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made progress in the past week or so. I started the hands and with the exception of some final paint touchups at the end are finished. Like a true Xenomporph I added a second thumb to each hand and elongated the fingers. I also joined the fingers together to make 2 long fingers on each hand.

I cut out a hollow in the center of the head to fit an old bike helmet that I'll use to mount it on my head. I had to cut out the sides of the helmet to fit inside but made sure I did not cut the parts that contained the strapping that holds it on. When I had it deep enough and to size I pretty much Gorilla glued the top and sides and squeezed it in, then after an hour or so I used expanding insulation foarm (in a can) to fill in the gaps and add more hold. I also did some test painting of the head because the top MUST be smooth, shiny, and gloss black. I primed an area then painted with glossy black but it just did not pop so I covered a small area with a think cover of Paperclay, sanded, primed, painted and it shines in the darkness!!! I just finished covering the entire top head with Paperclay and when it dries tomorrow I will sand it then put in a coating of primer. I'll then also paint the sides and underneath....then its time to mold the double jaw and teeth. I also have some old vacuum cleaner hoses i will cut apart and attach to the sides as needed for detail.

Finally, tonight I cut and glued together 8 sections of foam board which will be the Back Pipes that I will eventually attach to the back of the costume. I set these to dry for 24 hours and can start cutting, shaping, and sanding them tomorrow night.
Hands4.jpg
Hands3.jpg
Hands1.jpg
Hands5.jpg
H6.jpg
h8.jpg
H7.jpg
h10.jpg
bp1.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made alot of progress on my Alien head, double jaw, chest and back pipes. The head is done except for the neck and giving the top part a coat of glossy black paint so it shines. The chest also just now needs the sternum and stomach, and some arm details added. I'll paint the tail soon to complete that then I'll start the legs and done! This costume can be a little time consuming but i think it will be well worth it in the end. Here are the latest pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks🙂. I started the cutting and shaping of the head in early July and I began the building the chest and tail in early August. I still have the legs and feet to do but they should be relatively quicker to do. I couldn't work on it every night but think I was doing something to it 2 or 3 times a week but also add in a full Saturday or Sunday at times. I see the light at the end of the tunnel now and think I can finish it by mid-Oct👍

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finished my Alien Xenomorph this weekend with the feet. I dont have a complete picture yet with everything on but I'll get one later today and post. For my feet i got some platform shoes that had a 3.5" rise just to give me extra inches of height for effect and built a wire frame around them that I extended forward to lengthen them.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! I'm happy the way it turned out and now I can't wait for the corporate Halloween party on the 30th! ha.

That looks great! Where did you get the little Alien newborn?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Amazon of course! I mean coming all the way from LV-426 I wasnt surprised it got here faster than the lights that shipped from China. It came in a set with a facehugger. They’re soft a stuffed animalie but there’s no doubting what they are. And realitivly inexpensive. It was a flash deal the set was like $14

1 - 20 of 26 Posts