Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year's theme is army vs alien invasion. Unfortunately, I only had time to make one alien this year. Next year I plan on adding a few more, which should be easier now that I have the process down.

It stands at approximately 6'9". It's mostly paper mache and paper mache clay.

I also have an 8' diameter UFO, which will be suspended above the yard.

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
looks great, did you do a Tut? or a post of the UFO? would love some pics and pointers as i am going with alien theme this year

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lotar and others,

First off, AWESOME alien. Great work. I went the other route. 10ft UFO (working engines, fog/light), 1ft alien. (see photo)

Second, join my Area 51 group. I started it a couple years back to share props and ideas revolving around UFO/Aliens. I'd love to have your talent shared with the group.

DSC_6334.jpg

Good alien, thank you for posting.!
-chef

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I had forgotten about this thread. I'll have to look for some more pics. I expanded last year with a couple more aliens and a torture device. I'm planning on continuing this year, but am getting a late start.

I like that scale UFO/alien combo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the quality. My phone doesn't take the best night photos.
I sculpted the fetus out of clay, then cast it in a fiberglass resin/Bondo Glass mix. I'll have to find a video of the machine. It has pulsing and blinking lights, that I set up with an Arduino Uno.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Edit: adding a better pics my sister took.
image.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
WOLFPACK7483
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing