Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was about 8' high extended. Dad and I built the mechanical part, Devon did the alien "skin". The mask was store bought.

IMG_0569.jpg IMG_0570.jpg

·
Registered
570 Posts
WOW!! I am impressed beyond words. A SUPER excellent job on that. I see you have someone controlling it directly, but would it normally run off compressed air or something? But that has to be one of the best takes on the Monster In Box that I ever seen. Did you by any chance use the face mask from some kind of wild cat? What did you use for the hands, that's wild. How are you going to finish the box out? Once again fantastic job.

Geo

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We kept this one hand-operated. Next build I'd like to adapt to work on pneumatics. This one would not have held up to that kind of action without some restructuring. (I took a wonk to the head during the testing phase when the lid's hinges pulled free :). I was involved with the mechanical side. Devon did the "skinning". The mask was store bought and was meant to be an alien. I think she made the hands out of compressed grocery bags (wrapped in tape?) so they were very flexible and could "claw" the box as it popped in/out without damage to the box or the alien since the hands were a bit oversized for the build. The whole thing was covered in trash bags and heat gunned. (Devon's artistic ability with trash bags amazes me! LOL) The theatre had left-over rock wall set pieces they used to cover the sides of the box. I didn't get a good photo of it during the party, darn it. :-(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sorry to say there are no TOTs in our neighborhood :-(. We're a bit remote and at the far end of a dead end street so not even drive by neighbors to shock and awe. So, I throw in with a local theatre's Halloween haunt/party to get my Halloween fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts