Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor went all out on his costume in 2014 and created a UFO that he could walk around town in. It was about 10 foot in diameter and looked really awesome. He inspired me to expand on that idea and do a full Alien Invasion theme! We decided to make two alien species, green & grey. For the UFO we used two patio umbrellas, lots of silver paint and some LED's for the edges.

Our neighbors let us put some of the aliens on their yards as well, making the whole street look like an invasion. All the neighbors dressed up as different aliens (I went as the Predator and scared lots of kids & adults!). We even built an examination tent at the end of the street with an alien body and green blood everywhere.

Questions & comments are always welcome!

Can't wait for this year!!

Hope you enjoy! (more pics in my gallery)

3.jpg

Two umbrellas from Amazon came to about $70. Cut the poles & attached them with a PVC sleeve.

4.jpg

I used zip-ties on the ends to close the seam.

9.jpg

Grey aliens hanging out at my basement bar... (they still need paint)

10.jpg

Bodies prepped for the green aliens.

11.jpg

Painting the UFO...

12.jpg

Almost done!

13.jpg

Green aliens after paper mache and some paint.

14.jpg

Grey aliens hanging out in the yard.

15.jpg

Burn path for the UFO. I didn't dig up my yard, just put down a long black tarp, put the prop down and added some dirt.

18.jpg

UFO put in place!

20.jpg

Don't drink and fly...

22.jpg

Canopy broken (I put an alien head here, but wanted to show the insides)

23.jpg

Grey alien leader. One head had a clear dome showing his green alien brain, the other head turned back and forth (using an oscillating fan motor). I ran a hose up to them to have fog come out from inside.

28.jpg

More of the leader...

26.jpg

Hiding green alien.

27.jpg

Alien & space craft at my neighbor's house.

31.jpg

Front of the house.

34.jpg

Bottom of UFO. Used 2 liter bottles for the "thrusters" and a fog machine hooked up behind it to feed fog from the inside of the UFO.

35.jpg

All lit up!

39.jpg

Grey alien at night.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is awesome! nice work. been thinking about what i could do with some aliens, this gave me a few ideas.

·
black light queen
2,630 Posts
wow, that is so kewl!

i didn't see it mentioned or i missed it, but do you have a speaker with ufo sounds/music?

the umbrella gave me an idea for something i've been thinking about for a couple of years ...

amk

·
Registered
130 Posts
That looks pretty cool! Especially the burn line where the UFO landed. Well done - I've been looking at bringing Aliens into our display and this was great inspiration.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That's epic! We're doing robots and aliens this year and I'm totally stealing the idea for the burn path for our UFO. What an awesome display!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts