Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have some nice alien eggs with lights for the Haunted Garage. However, I am running out of time and need some sort of addition to that scene. I thought about just something on the wall behind them. If I had time I'd build or paint a background door or alien wall or something. I am not opposed to buying something. I just need that extra something to finish off the scene. Any ideas?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quick and easy maybe a black or lime green plastic table cloth from the dollar store and a green light. Fog machine would be cool along with a green light.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
if you're in a pinch for time, keep it simple. I like witchy poo's idea... green table cloth and a fog machine with some green light... make it look like some kind of incubation chamber or hatchery.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've been placing black painter's plastic around the garage to make a maze. It's 10'x25' and in one scene I've painted spider webs on each wall of a hallway using green and orange fluorescent paint. I think the green paint under a black light would give you something to work with. The paint sticks well to the plastic and could help you fill the void.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You could lay down your plastic backdrop of choice (or a drop cloth), position some creepy cloth over that and use a couple of cans of Greatstuff foam to build up some organic-looking depth. Foam should adhere to CC, just paint and hang.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love the idea. I might try to do an Alien scene one of these years.

I think some of the black corrugated drain pipe could be worked in to look like some of the organic shapes.

If your scene is part of a human base that's been overrun, you could use yellow rotating lights or other strobes for disorienting, emergency atmosphere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
DexterSinister
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing