Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This prop is one of several for my AREA 51 front yard this year. The idea being a UFO crashed into my front yard and now their trying to "phone home". ;) I completely recycled this prop, not purchasing a thing. It's made from a couple large foam packaging pieces, assorted treasures from the street as a run, old paint, some mini LED strings I had sitting around, and a under-counter water heater I found. Add some hot glue and some love for prop building and voila! Enjoy!

Here's the phone pre-paint.
chef-albums-area-51-picture133550-alien-communication-array-build.jpg

My water heater in the prop lab(ie. kitchen table).
chef-albums-area-51-picture133551-alien-communication-array-build.jpg

Adding all the random treasures I find while out running.
chef-albums-area-51-picture133552-alien-communication-array-build.jpg

Final shot. Red Rope LIghts from the Christmas bin extend up and over my roof to a small alien antenna(not shown).

Here's a short video of it in action. The green light within the box flickers, courtesy of a F7 starter, fuse, and green bulb.

In the tutorial section, we built a full-size crashed UFO on the lawn, from scratch:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/119831-how-build-ufo.html

Happy Haunting! :cool:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Great idea. I've wanted to do a UFO theme for a long time and have a bunch of styrofoam packing pieces in storage that would be perfect. It's to the point where I look for the stuff in dumpsters and imagine if a piece would work or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts