Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking a lot. I'm a big fan of alice in wonderland. Has anyone ever made this yard looking creepy for halloween with a alice in wonderland theme?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't but I love it. already. Creepy little evil munchkins, a scarecrow, tin man. Wow. Get a dirty, nasty, yellow brick walkway together and throw in some evil monkeys, maybe the lion holding one in his teeth.

That would be sweet. I love it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ha, I'm a moron... Wasn't even thinking. Okay Alice is even better! Read the original book and I'm sure you will get some crazy ideas, they even have comic books about Alice and that crazy world, but it's the creepy eerie world, not the Disney sort. Get the creepy cat and rabbit, the giant druggy centipede and the insane mad hatter!

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
a good idea would be to use the poem "Jabberwocky" its has a weird creature in it you could use...

Ruggerz

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a scary looking Queen of Hearts mask and was thinking of making her holding a pink lawn flamingo upside down as a croquet mallet and a recorder hidden behind her repeating "Off with their heads".

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I know there is a twisted video game called Alice. Which depicts the book Alice in Wonderland. Things are a little darker in this one. That might interesting to see that done.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
You know, I've been wanting to do a dark Alice in Wonderland theme for years now...ever since I played the game "American McGee's Alice" 4 or 5 years ago - that is a properly dark vision of Wonderland, and I still love the game!

My problem has been determining what I'd like to represent Wonderland as...and just how much of it.
For the last week, I've been drawing up some ideas for what I thought might work for an AiW theme, and I'm thinking I may focus on the Mad Tea Party...kind of cliche, I know, but that has so much potential...

That, and I've been thinking of a 2-part Pepper's Ghost idea for the Cheshire Cat...one light for the whole cat, another for his smile...problem is, getting one without the other.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I heard there coming out with a second game, a sequel for the game! It's for PC, xbox360 and ps3! :)

Does anyone know where I could props for my theme?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know much about anything, but I'm guessing the props would have to be almost entirely home made with help from some other props you can hack apart. That's just my suggestion. I haven't the first clue as to how to actually do it though. I don't recall ever seeing anything Alice themed other than a handful of costumes you could use as a base for props.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,392 Posts
I went to a yard haunt out side of L.A. California that had a "Malice in Wonderland" theme. This isn't my video, but this guy is so cool. He documented a bunch of different area yard haunts.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Oh you dont even know how much I have thought about this!! Mad tea party scene as the Mad hatter as a vampire poring blood in the tea cups! The red queen just being the reed queen and offing people heads. Maybe the white rabbit like a zombie with fleah and fur hanging off. Of course ytou could just read the book thats twisted enough. He was on opium when he wrote the book. Also black lights would be a must and really crazy bold patterns and NO straight objects. Everything must be crooked and curvy and twisted and bent! (you can tell I've planed this). I almost did my own version of Alice for my senior directed play insted of Dracula. But it would have been way to technical advanced and way to out of your head trippy. oh well :)

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
These are the best kinds of themes out there. I mean your adding something that people are familur with but putting that horror twist on it. I say go for it and keep us updated!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you. I'm spending the whole summer thinking about what I'm planning to do for halloween! I'm so excited!! :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
My daughter just finished the Alice play at the local kid's theatre last night. I still have that song stuck in my head.."painting the roses red". There's something potentially creepy about painted roses or dripping blood on the flowers. Especially with that psycho queen around.

Lots of black light paint would be great, particularly for the caterpillar. I use Elation UV wash for lighting, which covers everything in black light really well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts