Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my diys for Halloween this year. Can’t find too many pictures of scary ALICE in wonderland. Have been watching Tim Burton version and I love it the twisted dark trees, the dirty checkered board game. Here are some props in progress. Trying to be creative working with dollar tree items keeping on budget also because I usually throw everything away when Halloween is over. If you have ideas that I can use dollar tree items I would really appreciate! I’m trying to work on crating the rabbit hole. Found some cool ideas on line. Haven’t start the paint yet.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,810 Posts
ooooh, really good theme.

So happy I get to point you to Rania's Haunted Garden (she's a member here but I think hasn't been active for a while). She is a professional event/party/prop designer and is crazy amazing.

^her main event for many years (with lots of bits that work for an Alice theme)

^and then she actually DID a dark Wonderland theme!

Currently Saki.Girl, one of our talented moderators has been working on a Mad Hatter themed party, so here's her planning/props post to get you some ideas/leads as well:

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,007 Posts
Oh i did dark alice in wounderland several years back such a fun theme . i ti all the photos in the thread are gone because of photo bucket . here are some photos might give you some inspiration here is stuff i made
I really wish i would have kept this guy , easy to make got a rabbit cut the face out and put in a skull

because my dark wounderland needed a reaper

this was made from Dollare tree flamingos i painted and a sign i had gotten there and painted over

this was my version of the cattipiller the body is a dryier hose and then i added the skull and top hat and cloth and hands . he was sitting on top of one of those snow disk

the hooka i took dollare tree vaces and got some of those water beads put inside bottom vace then glued the top vase on the bottom vase added more water beads . then glued some of that spiral ribbion t it for hose

my version of flowers the red and white ones are rolled book pages that i glued to a plate then spray painted red and added skulls
the black ones are fairy wings from the dollore store i painted black and tied together and the pumpkins were from dollore store cut in half carved face an glued them on night of party i put glow sticks in the pumpkins

i made these cement mushrooms and painted them

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,007 Posts

how i did the bathroom up
bought the toilet seat painted , also bought that shelf and painted

and this i wish i would have also kept also
i made this from stuff from good will and dollore tree solar lights i have to see if can find a pick of it in day

i also used the poster sheets from dollore tree to make the army cards i will look for a photo of them also

glad you posted this i need intensive for my Gothic mad hatter have just not been feeling it but this has put a little spark in me to get busy with it.
look forward to seeing what you make.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooooh, really good theme.

So happy I get to point you to Rania's Haunted Garden (she's a member here but I think hasn't been active for a while). She is a professional event/party/prop designer and is crazy amazing.

^her main event for many years (with lots of bits that work for an Alice theme)

^and then she actually DID a dark Wonderland theme!

Currently Saki.Girl, one of our talented moderators has been working on a Mad Hatter themed party, so here's her planning/props post to get you some ideas/leads as well:

Thank you so much very cool stuff!!! My head is already spinning with ideas haha I’m not as talented I’ll try my best

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh i did dark alice in wounderland several years back such a fun theme . i ti all the photos in the thread are gone because of photo bucket . here are some photos might give you some inspiration here is stuff i made
I really wish i would have kept this guy , easy to make got a rabbit cut the face out and put in a skull
View attachment 716270

View attachment 716271

this was made from Dollare tree flamingos i painted and a sign i had gotten there and painted over

View attachment 716272

this was my version of the cattipiller the body is a dryier hose and then i added the skull and top hat and cloth and hands . he was sitting on top of one of those snow disk

View attachment 716273

View attachment 716275

the hooka i took dollare tree vaces and got some of those water beads put inside bottom vace then glued the top vase on the bottom vase added more water beads . then glued some of that spiral ribbion t it for hose

View attachment 716278

my version of flowers the red and white ones are rolled book pages that i glued to a plate then spray painted red and added skulls
the black ones are fairy wings from the dollore store i painted black and tied together and the pumpkins were from dollore store cut in half carved face an glued them on night of party i put glow sticks in the pumpkins

View attachment 716276
View attachment 716274

View attachment 716277

View attachment 716279
Omg!! This is soooo awesome. I’m speechless

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 716280

how i did the bathroom up
bought the toilet seat painted , also bought that shelf and painted

and this i wish i would have also kept also
i made this from stuff from good will and dollore tree solar lights i have to see if can find a pick of it in day

View attachment 716281

i also used the poster sheets from dollore tree to make the army cards i will look for a photo of them also

glad you posted this i need intensive for my Gothic mad hatter have just not been feeling it but this has put a little spark in me to get busy with it.
look forward to seeing what you make.
You are incredible! I’m getting a bunch of ideas.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 716270

View attachment 716271

View attachment 716272

View attachment 716273

View attachment 716275

View attachment 716278

View attachment 716276
View attachment 716274

View attachment 716277

View attachment 716279
The hooks are genius!! I’m definitely taking this idea. Thank you so much for sharing 😃

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Now I'm working on my soldier. Kind hard... he is so flat. I’m not even close to the artist on this forum. I’m trying to work with my skills and budget. Gave him dimension following saki.girl idea by adding a skull. He will be outside. I covered him with plastic tablecloth. Not loving it. I’m making some hands now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The "Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland" adult coloring books might be useful for inspiration as well:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1974546993/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_J.wvDbPVHVT66

1 - 20 of 110 Posts