Halloween Forum banner

Alert: Online Halloween Prop Builders Looking for New Project Suggestions

5K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  TK421 
#1 ·
Greetings Prop Builders,

The Online Prop Building Group is getting ready to move into building its second set of projects. For those of you that may have missed out on the 1st set we will be leaving those projects in place so if you want to go back for instructions along with pictures please take a peak in there. If you have any questions along the way please feel free to contact me & I'll put you in touch with those instructors if you need a question answered.

We are now getting ready to start taking suggestions for the next set of projects. Terra, who was 2nd on the poll will be instructing how to build "The Beloved" tombstone & we are also looking for a 2nd project & also a craft project.
Please post suggestions here & I will check back to see what you folks are interested in & we'll see if we can find an instructor within our group.

We will try to have everything in place by the 1st week of April so the materials list can be posted. You will have approx. 30 days to get your materials for the project & the start date will be May 1st..

Muffy

See less See more
#5 ·
Well the whole idea of this group we are in......is to tackle complex projects that are way out of our league & to try & have instructors take us through things we just could not do ourselves. That is also why pictures are of much importance with these projects. As we go along the "students thread" is where questions are tackled to get us through the project.

For instance......I'm interested in all 3 of the above projects but for sure they are things I could not do without some....actually with a lot of help!!lol SO complex is not a problem as long as we have a good instructor! Also our group stands behind getting you through these projects no matter how long it may take to guide you through.

the Muffster

#11 ·
I think any of the Three Ghosts would be admirable and classic additions to the Prop Builders Resume.

The Axworthy Ghost (around the yard...duck!)

The Flying Crank Ghost (hovers in the window, ooooo!)

The Pepper's Ghost Effect. (Holy hag buttons, that thing is transparent!)

#12 ·
What about like...like...like a mausoleum? Or maybe aaaaa....non-pneumatic grave grabber kinda thing. Oooohhh,oooohhh,ooooh! Non-pneumatic trash-can-trauma!!! Please,please,please!! Idk, peppers or fcg would be cool too. I really want to join this project group, missed out on the first.
As always, Macsrealm :cool:

#14 ·
...an onilne prop builiding group, awesome !!! How can I get involved with this group. I'm a prop builder and home haunter and would love other projects to build and be able to learn from others as well, thanks for your time.

#17 ·
You are already set! All you need to do is keep an eye on the "Halloween Prop Building Group" Sub-section of the "Tutorial and Step by Step" Section of this forum. Then just start gathering your materials, parts and tools as soon as the instructor posts the parts list for the coming project.
You're already a member of HalloweenForum--that's all you need to get started!

#18 ·
FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE HALLOWEEN PROP BUILDERS GROUP.

STEP RIGHT UP! One and all. Have you been frustrated with building a prop? Ever wonder why those instructions online never seem to solve the problem YOU are facing? Tired of friend and neighbor not understanding?

Here you have before you the most spectacular showcase of prop building talent in the known web. Coffins, tombstones, ghost and ghouls. You name it, we make it. And what's more, we're here for YOU.

No job is too big, no job is too small. Need some support? Just sign up for the INSTANT gratification of knowing you have a full team of eager members there with you step by step. The only question unanswered will be the one unasked.

Simply put there is no better place to learn something new than in the Halloween Prop Building Group.

What can you expect to pay, you ask?

Minor triffle, really. How much would it take to have round the clock, unerring support for your needs? How much to be able to ask those questions burning in your mind? How much to brainstorm new ways to take old ideas?

All you need to do is Join the group HERE. And show YOU are not only a witness, you are a MEMBER. Then, make your way over to our OWN SPECIAL FORUM to participate in any class you deem fit where you can share your own knowledge and support with like minded individuals.

What are you waiting for, start your treatment today!

use at your own risk, side effects include obsession, lack of storage, and estranged spouses. If mutilation occurs, please post pictures, we like that

(I was in a mood this morning...)

#20 ·
That really was too funny, UnOrthodOx! I'm glad you were in a "mood" because it really gave my spirits a boost!

I'm just now getting ready to make the Project 1 prop. Even though the group has finished up on this one, there's enough info and pictures and videos that I am confident that I, too, can make a moving prop. I'm gathering materials, motor is ordered and I'm working up ideas to fit this into my tribal theme. I can't wait to start on this.

Its never too late to join in!

#23 ·
I know this is probably common knowledge, and I am the only one miserably failing at it, but I would like to see something about building armatures.... Reapers from PVC and chicken wire, Gargoyles from cereal boxes and empty single serve water bottles, or Headless horsemen from simply one paper towel tube and a roll of duct tape (lol, exaggerating on that last one!).... I love making things from recycled materials, but am really having trouble with proportion and, how to make these items no longer look like 2 liter bottles, and more like.... necks, or something.

Don't worry, I realize I am probably the only one that would want to see this, LOL.

#26 ·
You arent the only one, I PROMISE. ;) I would like that a lot too. And monster mud lessons. I really want a gargoyle(or 2) . Of course, I want everything:eek:.
But you all should definitally consider a recycled things project.
But thats just my 2 cents. Also consider trash can trauma (non pneumatic, for me :) )

As always, Macsrealm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.