Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
I know this is probably common knowledge, and I am the only one miserably failing at it, but I would like to see something about building armatures.... Reapers from PVC and chicken wire, Gargoyles from cereal boxes and empty single serve water bottles, or Headless horsemen from simply one paper towel tube and a roll of duct tape (lol, exaggerating on that last one!).... I love making things from recycled materials, but am really having trouble with proportion and, how to make these items no longer look like 2 liter bottles, and more like.... necks, or something.

Don't worry, I realize I am probably the only one that would want to see this, LOL.

I know this is probably common knowledge, and I am the only one miserably failing at it, but I would like to see something about building armatures.... Reapers from PVC and chicken wire, Gargoyles from cereal boxes and empty single serve water bottles, or Headless horsemen from simply one paper towel tube and a roll of duct tape (lol, exaggerating on that last one!).... I love making things from recycled materials, but am really having trouble with proportion and, how to make these items no longer look like 2 liter bottles, and more like.... necks, or something.

Don't worry, I realize I am probably the only one that would want to see this, LOL.

You arent the only one, I PROMISE. ;) I would like that a lot too. And monster mud lessons. I really want a gargoyle(or 2) . Of course, I want everything:eek:.
But you all should definitally consider a recycled things project.
But thats just my 2 cents. Also consider trash can trauma (non pneumatic, for me :) )

As always, Macsrealm

DO thid do this!!!!! It's the floating candelabra but not the normal FCG way. THey use a sytem of weights and a fan and it gives a much better movement. You can make anything float though not just a candelabra. I think it would be cool to see what all the people in group make float. :D
link of explained project

GHOST SONGS: Prop Floater & Floating Candelabra...

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Ok EVERYBODY!!! Thank You all for coming up with such great ideas & there sure is a vast array of ideas here! Now some of you are members of the Halloween Prop Social Builders Group so those of you that are know how this was & is suppose to work but we also have a lot of other folks that have posted here with great ideas too.

For those that are not members of our group I will let you know that we ran a poll back in the begining of Dec. & the poll winner taught our 1st project. We set things up that the following 5 poll winners were going to teach their projects in the order that they won on the poll.

So next in line was Terra & her "Beloved" tombstone. But since the 1st project involved a tombstone Terra had mentioned that perhaps we should question our members if they were interested in doing another tombstone project. Since her tombstone project is listed in her album section she offered to just oversee those that wanted to do that project & help them with any questions they had & that the group could just move on.

I had mentioned that I had some "pm's" inquiring about other projects that were not on the poll also. Thing is we still have a lot of people looking to build BUT for those of you that are new to this group you need to know that one of the most crucial things here is to find Instructors who can teach us & have the time to take pictures & the time it takes to get us through these projects also along w/ posting instructions. So the projects that were getting offered 1st were ones where we already had the instructors lined up.

So in order to make this work we are gonna go back & ask for Instructors on the projects mentioned here on the board. Can those of you that have posted suggestions here for projects...can you find the project you are suggesting & let us know if you can find that project here within our group & see if that person will teach the project to the rest of us. IF not then we will just go along & follow the routine we already had posted in Dec..

Thank You for all your interest

Wanted to let you all know that the next project to be listed after Terra was a Ground Breaker Coffin taught by Herman Secret

Do all of you know where to find our group? We are listed under the social groups & all in the tutorial section, way up on top Larry has made a section for us on that page.

Also wanted to mention.....for those of you that give parties or have wives that cook for parties in the party cooking section there is another new social group that is cooking up unique halloween things to eat! Every month they experiment with a new halloween food that we can perfect by the time our parties roll around in October.

the Muffster

PS Ok after typing the above & thinking through it what do you folks think about this?

Terra I'll set up a project set for you & yes lets see how many are interested in doing your tombstone & if we have some then you can just see them through building it.

Next we do Herman's Ground Breaker Coffin & get the materials list posted & get ready. He was the next scheduled project on the poll.

Next I'll copy the suggestions off this thread & we'll find instructors to go along to teach them. So the next person up on the poll can teach but we'll run projects simultaneously so can can accommodate more peoples interests at one time. Please people if you can teach a project we need your help.

How does that sound to everyone?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Ok just to update you all! I sent a message to Herman Secret, he was next up on the poll. If any of you want to read it its posted in his online messages. I'm just getting ahold of him so we can get him in place.

Next Terra - What do you think is the best way to go about finding out how many want to do your beloved? I think you should post a message on the "General Halloween" board inquiring who would be interested in joining you, then at least we have an idea of how many you will be instructing. Since your stone is finished I think just guiding them along & being available for any questions will work out perfectly. So....using your album notes & pictures would be fine. Let me know if you want to post that stuff in a Instructors set up where we post our projects & if you would like to post it there we'll get you set up or as I mentioned you can leave it where its at if thats easier.

Next - I wrote down all of your names & the projects you suggested....now I can use everyones help in finding instructors. I will post a "Instructors Needed" thread in the General Halloween section & we'll see if we get any nibbles, altho I did recognize a few projects & someone popped in my mind to teach them....the question is do they have time.

Also want to mention here & some of you have heard this before.....this is a new group & we are kind of making guidelines as we go along seeing how to run this thing. Please I ask that you be patient. I see a lot of projects I want to do in here too & the order of them to come really depends on finding the instructors that can teach us well.

Next - I will be sending invites to those of you that are not members. As Dave mentioned we are a Social Group that is part of what Larry designed. Also Larry did give us a section of the Tutorials to post our classes. I suggested this so we stay out of the way from the flow of conversation on the main board but occasionally we'll post activities there to entice new members!lol

Ok I'll be in touch as soon as I hear from Herman & please everyone if you have looked at a project you want to do & the instructions look great but still you are having a time getting through it please lets ask that person to do an online class.

Thank You

Muffy

For Beloved, I think you can do the same Instructor's thread as we did previously with Dave's Peeping Tombstone. I took some more pictures than I put in the original tutorial and I'll be using those to give additional details. I'm also thinking that even if just a few make the Beloved, I don't mind helping them out at all. So, when you are ready, go ahead and start the Instructor's and Student's question thread and I'll post the materials list on Monday so people can get a head-start looking for supplies if they want to.

If anyone wants to take a peek at the original tutorial that also lists supplies, please go here: Halloween Forum - Terra's Album: Tutorial: Beloved Tombstone

For those that mentioned they wanted to learn how to drape material in monster mud, this could be the prop for you. I will teach you how to make a realistic foam tombstone, create a chicken-wire body frame, monster mud and drape fabric. Finally, how to paint the tombstone in Drylok and use painting details and add moss.

Here's a picture of the prop:

Well, one site I found (Haunting Your Yard talks about putting a witch, riding a broom, on the peak of his roof. This was just a static witch.

Somewhere else I swear I saw a site where someone had taken the rooftop flying witch one step farther, and had hooked the rod to a motor of some kind so the witch would actually fly in a circle.

It is this second concept, a witch attatched to an armature, flying in a circle, that I am really interested in. There are many hurdles to overcome to create suck an effect. The witch must be light enough to rotate, but sturdy enough to survice the elements. The armature must be strong enough to support the witch, but light enough to be rotated. Then there's the motor itself. The motor needs to be powerful enough to rotate the witch, but still safe to mount on one's peak or cove.

I will continue looking for the site that had the working, crank motor flying rooftop ghost.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.