Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how many of you are lucky enough to have an Aldi store near you, but this week - until April 12. they have Huntington Home Indoor/Outdoor flameless candle LED lanterns for $6.99 Not sure of the dimensions, but I plan to visit an Aldi store this afternoon. Will post more details if they have any left. Y'all can see pic on their web site under "weekly ad."

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pics! Mine only had ONE grey left and a black one that was broken. Since they would not discount the broken one, I just bought the grey. I plan to spray paint and cut out a stencil in mine - so I am OK with the unadorned windows.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I got one too because they were such a good buy. Mine was a little broken/cracked where they screwed them to the box but easily fixed.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I got 3 of the black ones today with out the small windows great find! My aldis had alots left I am in Illinois. I plan on maybe getting more cant beat the price I like that they have a timer affect, I found it weird I needed to unscrew them from the bottom of the cardboard box they came in.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might check out the "city" Aldi store next and hope that they aren't sold out.

BTW: Apparently, when it comes to "participating" and mark-downs, our SW PA Adli stores seem to have a pretty free hand. The posh suburban areas had microscopic reductions on Easter candy ($1.49 for a hollow bunny) and did not reduce their summer planting bulbs to $3.99 as stated in the flyer. Meanwhile, the Aldi store in the working class neighborhood had Easter candy for 29-49 cents- including the extra-large candy-filled Choceur Easter eggs.

Last year, I found a big difference in after-Halloween mark-downs. So if you don't find what you want- or the clearance prices you like, try another store.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I'm tempted to just buy two more of whichever style I find this year, so I'll have a matching pair. I will still have two other lanterns that are "odd", but that's the way it is now, anyway, and I could use those in other parts of the cemetery. I want a matching pair at the entrance.

I'm even tempted to borrow an idea that I believe was posted here some time ago. I have it pinned on Pinterest. Stanchions with fake chain alongside a walkway, with beef netting, and lanterns hung on the posts. I could do this with those shepherd hooks that I bought at Dollar Tree. I almost wish that I hadn't bought PVC to make a fence, I like the idea so much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts