Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried twice to create an album to showcase this year's purchases (once the other day, then today), but neither seems to actually exist:rolleyes: When I click, I get an error, making it so I cannot delete either. Is anyone else having similar trials?

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
I see you have two empty 2014 albums. A little while ago I had set up album/s for Larry to see what issues I was having problems with and found I couldn't delete those. Same issue? Not sure.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the replies. Pretty bad when nonexistent items yet remain and cannot be deleted...:D

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Ok.

I THINK I have a lot of the issue riddled out guys.

Seems making albums with an identical name to one you made before WHETHER OR NOT YOU DELETED THE PREVIOUS ONE causes all sorts of forum hilarity to ensue.

So, if I could get one of you having the trouble to try making a new album, and name it something new this time, lets see if that solves your problem.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Ok.

I THINK I have a lot of the issue riddled out guys.

Seems making albums with an identical name to one you made before WHETHER OR NOT YOU DELETED THE PREVIOUS ONE causes all sorts of forum hilarity to ensue.

So, if I could get one of you having the trouble to try making a new album, and name it something new this time, lets see if that solves your problem.
That being said, could it be possible to fix this by simply renaming the album? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yeah I have a couple named the same because the first time I tried, I tried to make the album. Then when I went to add pics to said album, it just said it was a broken link or bad gateway. Made another, same name, same problem :( I can't access them to delete, rename, edit etc

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Yes, I know the duplicates cause problems, can you make one with a NEW name, and let me know if you have the trouble, please?

I THINK the original creation problems might be from not clicking the 'save changes' after putting in album information and instead just trying to upload photos too quick.

So, go to your albums, click create new, enter info (name and description, no duplicates), and SAVE CHANGES before trying to upload pics. I think. I've had no troubles doing it this way, and lotsa bugs doing it other ways.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, yes and no, UnOrthodOx:D I had a new album go perfectly fine, yet it still does not remedy the prior situation, with the other two continuing to lurk in ghost form.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it makes you feel better, my albums page is a disaster due to troubleshooting this. ;)
A tad, I suppose:D Even with a different Web browser, I found that I still cannot access the folders, meaning that the problem is ongoing:rolleyes: I contacted the administrator today, so maybe something will be done about it soon, hopefully.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
We're not going to be able to access the bad html that the duplicate albums made, probably ever. I know that. I MIGHT eventually be able to edit out the bad albums from your profile manually. It's nothing Larry (the administrator) or we mods have any control over, it's a bug in the program we're using that allows albums in the first place. So, until the person who makes that program updates it or gives us access to the back door, we really can't do much.

The point is you should be able to make new albums, just name them something new. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts