Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought these off of Ebay and 1 out of the first 8 I tested work. Is there some magic trick I need to learn--other have bought them and used them successfully.

I could return them to China but the shipping to China is more than what I paid for the valves.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,466 Posts
What type of valve is it? What problems are you having?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I bought--18 of them. They click when voltage is applied but the air doesn't switch from port a to b. The manual button doesn't work either. Reversing polarity doesn't do anything and I am using 12v dc. I tried a 1amp power supply and a 5 amp with no luck. I even bought some other valves that work as long as there is back pressure--but these don't. I also tried a spot of pneumatic oil to see if that would help and nothing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hello Kermat. I will try to help. At this point it would help to know how you have routed your airlines to the valve. Based on the solenoid I am guessing that you are using a double action cylinder.

P - air into valve
A - air out to cylinder
R - exhaust port for A
B - air out to cylinder
S - exhaust port for B

Is this the air line and cylinder configuration that you have set up now?

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,466 Posts
What is written on the coil? Is it a DC coil? Is there any air going through the valve. When you connect the air there should be air coming out of one port without any power applied. There could be a piece of trash in the valve body. That would require disassembly of the valve and cleaning it out. The spool should move freely without any major resistance. I always use a small bit of Lubriplate white lithium grease when reassembling the valve.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have used these many times at work. My biggest issue with them is they need an air supply in the direction of one of the arrows in order to work correctly. If you try to run air in the opposite direction it will over power the solenoid. Could that be causing the issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used those last year for some props. we had the same issue you are talking about.

When we added a pneumatic lubricator to the air line and added a little oil into the ports of the solenoid they worked non stop for 3 days.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have put air to them in the correct fashion--there is air coming out the A port when air applied. Never switched to the B post- I am positive the are DC but will check. I did try some pneumatic oil--with no luck. I never took one apart but what have i got to lose.

Thanks for all the help

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,466 Posts
As a hint , since you said you've never taken a solenoid apart before ,try to get an assembly diagram and if you can't get that lay your parts out as they come out of the valve body. Make sure when you reassemble it everything is CLEAN and lubricated lightly. And DO NOT apply any voltage to the coil when it is not on the core of the valve, you'll fry the coil. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts