Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I was curious if anybody had any information on what a good air compressor, size tank ect. I know for the most part it depends on how many props its going to run, but just looking for a starting compressor. thanks for any & all help.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Basically in a nutshell, get the biggest compressor you can afford, you'll be glad down the road when you get hooked on pneumatics!

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
i think i have 4 air compressors ... 1 i have dedicated for use in the attic ... i have a pancake & a small pos one (because it's light) ... i splurged & got a makita mac5200 ... it was relatively expensive, but it's highly recommended

you'll probably want an air reservoir/portable tank near the prop(s) so that it can supply the volume that you may need & that way you can keep the compresor a distance away so that the tots won't hear it.

you'd think that i'm heavy into animated props due to the number of comprssors, but no, not yet ... i'm certain though, i'll get into pneumatic some time down the road, but i have so many other ideas for my yard & porch haunt that i haven't jumped in with both feet yet :)

there are definitely people here with way more experience than me, so heed their advice

amk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Definitely true, go big or go home. I've got a 20 gallon, cast iron old school Campbell Hausfeld that's has a full duty motor. I'm running one monster in a box (1 cylinder) and could probably run on more pneumatic prop if I wanted to but nothing more without it continuing to cycle. If you can afford to get a high CFM compressor with a big tank, I say go for it!

--

Basically in a nutshell, get the biggest compressor you can afford, you'll be glad down the road when you get hooked on pneumatics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts