Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a "terror Tunnel" for next halloween, and I want to include bursts of air periodically along the way. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to accomplish this?

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
My son and a plate of beans :D

Or you could go with a wall with a bunch of air cannons built in ....then just have someone sitting behind the wall letting them rip

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great suggestions. Actually, I liked the idea of the air canisters so much (mini scarecrow) that I have already found and purchased several, along with refill canisters. They will be perfect hidden among the hedges! Anyone, have any suggestions on ideas for scares inside the tunnel, other than live actors? Since I am starting basically from scratch on this idea, I can really use the help.

·
Macho Nacho
859 Posts
Thanks for the great suggestions. Actually, I liked the idea of the air canisters so much (mini scarecrow) that I have already found and purchased several, along with refill canisters. They will be perfect hidden among the hedges! Anyone, have any suggestions on ideas for scares inside the tunnel, other than live actors? Since I am starting basically from scratch on this idea, I can really use the help.
Just another idea but if you have any pneumatic props already you
could just put the runoff air into it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Pneumatic whips that tickle peoples' feet!

-EEric

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you are just looking for a blast of air use old dishwasher solenoids. You can get them from old dishwashers (duh). I got mine from Lowe's when they replaced an old dishwasher with a new one, I gutted the old one for this part. You simply connect an air hose up to the solenoid and a 120v line to activate it. When you apply power, air is released. If you need a picture of the part let me know and I will take a picture and get it posted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Refil

I have something similar to those air canisters, its for cats and I found it at the pet store. Do not buy those air canisters though, get some canned air used for computers and those tops fit right on. Plus its a lot cheaper.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
I have something similar to those air canisters, its for cats and I found it at the pet store. Do not buy those air canisters though, get some canned air used for computers and those tops fit right on. Plus its a lot cheaper.
Great tip! What is the range of the sensor, and how far is the air expelled?

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Thanks for the video.
I wouldn't suggest trying this with an inverted can of compressed air unless you want to freeze your kitty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts