Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if everyone already knows this. But I was attempting to distress my bottle labels with coffee this morning when I remembered I had Ranger Distressing Ink. It worked beautifully, I was more pleased with the results than with my coffee / tea attempts.

I used the Antique photo one.

G

·
I love this stuff too. The actual pad is raised so I think it is designed to be used directly onto the item you are distressing. I use a make-up sponge, it really works great.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a sponge - I cut up a kitchen sponge, dabble it in the ink, and smear the sponge on the paper.

I experiment with different smear / blotting patterns and like the variety. I've seen people use multiple colors of the paper to give it more texture and depth - but this project is so temporary to me it's not necessary. (I also use it for scrapbooking, which I can totally see the want for more colors and depth.)

I should add: when I blotted the ink directly on the paper I wasn't happy with the result. (I didn't realize you needed a sponge until recently.) It was too "squared" and not at all the look I was going for; it didn't get on all of the paper and just looked odd to me. I was thrilled with the sponge results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts