Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a Book of Souls for our victims to sign and comment in and I didn't want plain white paper in it so I made aged paper.

Here's our book that I made...

And here is the paper I made by dotting printer paper with a sponge dipped in strong coffee, crumpled up and carefully spread out (to avoid tares) and left to dry...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanted to add that using a tea bag (daubing it on the pages) gives a more mellow yellow appearance which looks nice as well. But if you want a much more aged look, go with coffee.

For this project, I liked the darker color using the coffee and it's much quicker than having to soak a new teabag every couple of pages. But I have to admit that the yellowing effect of the teabags look great.

With the teabags, you have to dunk and daub, dunk and daub and I found one teabag only works on about 2 pages (front and back) if you're lucky.

With the coffee, I filled a teacup about a thrid fill with water and nuked it for 30 sec's, then added about 3 teaspoons of instant coffee. Then I filled the cup to half full with cold tap water to cool it. The cup of coffee has gotten me through many many pages.

Give them both a try and see what works for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts