Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to make my bathroom look older and less diserable than it is.
Something that will turn the tiles in the tub brown and the toliet a grimer color...but can be cleaned off afterwards.

I know I can use tea bags or food color in the bowl it brown it up. But not sure a safe aging stain for the tub/toliet.

Any ideas?

·
Evil Wizard
2,169 Posts
The easiest thing would probably be to dilute a small amount of potting soil with distilled water in a spray bottle and mist lightly, leaving the grime to dry.

Don't know if the potting soil might have any tannins that could stain the porcelain though?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Brown shoe polish paste should do the trick - cleans off with Simple Green. As with anything though , try a dab in a hidden spot first to make sure . I have used this trick on windows before.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Just piss all over it a few times and don't clean up. I've seen a few home bathrooms post-football party that got so filthed up by the drunken football fans that they look like they belong in a house that was abandoned decades ago.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What ever you use, I would be very careful around the grout. If the grout is light colored it could be a problem. The grout is very porous and might not clean up as well as the tile.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You can try a "sludge wash". Just mix the following ingredients in these amounts:

Product Plastic bottle Bottle Plastic Water bottle

Mix them together thoroughly until it it's a loose wash.

Nail Hand Finger Soil Glitter

Paint it on in fast circular motions until you make an inky foam. do not wipe this off. let it dry as is and it will recess into nooks and cracks creating the look of an aged and dirty surface.

When its time to clean use a simple cleaner (Windex, Mean Green, etc) to take it off. Since the sludge wash has soap in it already, adding Windex will rehydrate the dried soap and in turn it will add more detergent to the cleaning process.

Good Luck, Marc V.

PS. Try this in a small place first to see if its what your looking for. I would hate to give you advice that would ruin the finish in your bathroom.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is my next question, I am wanting to do this pretty early because I work on everthing by rooms and then go in later with detail. With any of these "stain" ideas if I start now do you thing by the time I clean it off in October it will come off.
A few people at work suggest I do this a few days before the party as to not chance with an accidently stain.

I am almost tempted to not really care because no one uses that bath room and maybe I can make it rustic. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
An unused bathroom...I've got one of those..(actually the "main" bath)
We use the ones in our bedrooms. It's the "company" bathroom.

Anyway, I found it the perfect place for an off-season dummy in the
shower....GO PSYCHO. People just can't resist peeking behind your
shower curtain.

Has brought me a lot of entertainment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts