Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never know exactly how many haunters I'll be feeding. Usually around 7-10.

I always serve a supper after we close the haunt. The after party is always so much fun! But I need ideas for an entree that I can make ahead or that reheats really well. (use my slow cooker for the giveaway hot apple cider).

Other years I've served lasagna, hearty beef stew and chicken wings with a variety of dipping sauces as the hot offering. I thought about doing a pot roast this year but it would have to go into the oven right about the time the haunt opens. I don't have any time to do that since I'll be giving the haunters their costumes and instructions and staging the haunt (turning on lights and sound, etc.) Plus, there are always early birds!

Any suggestions, fellow foodies?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
What about a big pot of chili & beans? have some cornbread or fritos, cheese etc.

I make a chicken dish in the crock pot that is super easy.
Put 4-6 large frozen chicken breast in the bottom, spread 1 package of taco seasoning on the chicken, mix 1 cup of salsa with 1 can cream of chicken soup. pour the mixture over the top, cook on low about 8 hrs. Shred the chicken and use for tacos or over rice. it's easy and tasty.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I forgot to mention that I've already done a chili night, too.. :) And the crock pot is being used for the hot apple cider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts