Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
that dude ain't right
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love after Chritmas sales. So many electronic controller devices can be bi-holiday. I know this is not the best, and cheap, but it was just that...cheap!

Yes, that's $34.00

It's the Gemmy sound controller.

I also got those candles, and enough flicker bulbs for all. Got a single outlet remote, and a 3-way remote. I'm in control now!
I love Christmas! :cool:

·
crossfit zombie
7,582 Posts
just got back from wmart.It was a madhouse I avoided the stores for 2 weeks before christmas and figured late evening I should be safe wrong.
i managed to get the last flood light stake for 3.00,some tea lights for 1 something.They were wiped out of everything that could be used for hween.I was wanting some more candles as pictured by original poster but all gone.
Glad I snaged some before christmas.

·
that dude ain't right
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, it's Wal-mart. They actually had alot here. Couldn't spend much more, woulda cut my hunting budget. Didn't really need more than that anyway. Oh, and don't laugh at my fine dining room furnature ;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I did the whole circuit today with the exception of walmart. I avoid that place like the plague. Will do my best to list out prices.

Crafts Direct - Snagged more halloween odds and ends as the lady was pulling stuff off the shelves.

Menards - Flickering Candles - $0.75 , LED lights - $2.50

Home Depot - LED lights - $3.00

Kmart - nothing

Big Lots - Orange tube lights - $3.50 , I grabbed 2 animated deer for $8 each about 2 weeks ago, they still had a couple when I went today.

Wall Greens - remote control on / off outlet - $5.00

Shop Ko - nothing

Target - 6 outlet stake thingies - $7.00 , LED lights - $2.50

Was hoping to snag a few more of those staked flood lights but no luck. Target had some, but they were more expensive at 50% off then the ones at Home Depot around halloween.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I grabbed one of those Walmart Holiday light shows today too.....I figured they wouldn't be around when the price goes to 75% off.

I'll go back at 75% off to look for orange and black ornaments and some cheap wreathes and Christmas trees that I can spraypaint black

·
that dude ain't right
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... and some cheap wreathes and Christmas trees that I can spraypaint black
Wal-mart (though I hate it too) had 4ft black prelit trees. They didn't have any when I went though :(

·
demonic animatronic
810 Posts
i don't shop at walmart, haven't in a few years. so looks like i will have to go somewhere else, i checked target christmas eve but they only had 30%off and home depot wouldn't count any of the cords, light stakes, etc as decorations and wanted full price

·
Registered
140 Posts
we got a lot of lights to along with the light show kit....my wife does secret santa at her job and she got some props....worked out well.....hee hee hee. she told them they were helping to save us money. her tags from santa said: "santa knows what you like so be nice"

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
I just got back from Sam's club and picked up the 12 outlet gemmy lightshow in a box for 29.81. I'll have to test it tomorrow. They had a dozen of them left. I want to make sure I get one that works.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
thanks for the reminder. i need to get to the store and pick up some lights. orthadox has given me some ideas for lighting up my cemetary for next year. and i saw a remote to turn the lights off from inside the house i want to check out and a fade remote. and i need to check out extension cords

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
958 Posts
Can someone please tell me what the Gemmy Light Show kit is?? Thanks :)

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
958 Posts
Sorry if this is a repeat question!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I checked out Garden Ridge today, but lights were still only 50% off. I also ran across an aisle of Halloween merchandise marked 90% off. I must have missed the day they marked the stuff down that low, because not much was left. I did find two lighted witch silhouettes for $1 each, several strings of garland and a purple and black wreath (for my wife), and a couple of bags of fake broken glass.
If anyone has a GR in their area it might be worth checking out!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts