Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a prop that involves a pile of bones busting out of the ground in a pool of radioactive waste. My basic idea is to use jpbailey's coals tutorial, but with green lights and a different paint job. I'm not much of a painter, but I figure just slathering the foam with green paint won't be quite adequate.

Anyone have any advice for a really good radioactive paint job? My initial thought is to go kind of the reverse of the coals: cover it with green, then hit the high points with white?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking the same -- something green that glows under blacklight, which you could shine down on the prop. You could also do a base of white then drybrush the green/leave just a bit of the lighter color exposed beneath to give it some bubbly depth.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My intention is to have a UV-lit ghost (FCG) hovering over the radioactive pile, so I want to avoid UV light on the pile itself. Otherwise, I agree that'd be a great way to go.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I am also partial to using flourescent green spray paint. I used it on my toxic waste victim a few years ago.

Black lighting at night made it pop.

Eric

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's going to be an attached blacklight that points up at the ghost hovering over it, and it's a little tempting to use that to light the bone pile itself; but I think I'd rather make sure that it gets a good, strong upward illumination rather than trying to cover too much with it. I really like the hot coals effect and think it would look pretty awesome repurposed for the nuclear ooze, so I'm going that route. The color scheme for the coals is pretty well established, but I'm not sure how analogous it'd be for the ooze. I bought some dark green, very bright green, and a medium brown spray paint cans today based on what you've all suggested thus far. Need to find some time when I can be noisy and get to work!

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
I think those colours should work well, we used apple green, some dark green and black, I wish I would have used brown as well....doh...:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts