Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rather large garage that I intend on putting a fcg in this year.
I am looking for a cheap scrim like fabric that will allow you to see the fcg through it, and prevent anyone with errant flash lights or headlights from seeing the piles of wood and workbenches and other non-halloween related stuff.

I figure the fabric will also help to hold in the fog from my fog machine and allow it to last longer, as Halloween is usually pretty windy here. If I stretch it across the garage door opening it should also serve to prevent anyone from accidentally wandering into the garage.

Thanks for the info, I hope your projects are coming along nicely.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
a one way mirror would work.... just not a cheap solution for a whole garage opening..... :rolleyes:

I would think black screen might work at keeping people out and still being able to see the FCG clearly enough, but the flash light and head lights would go right through. Have you thought of hanging black sheets behind the FCG to hide the rest of the garage from view?

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
With your garage door open, hang a sheet or some other large fabric or even rolls of butcher paper behind the ghost. Use the door to hold it all up.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Big lots has the weed guard for $3.50 for a 50 foot roll. I bought 4. Its a bit see through, but doubling up seems to solve the problem. I plan to cut lengths to the height of my garage plus a little more, doubled up, then attach rivets. Then on the top I tie it up with rope or wire, and lay 2 x 4's on the bottom to hold it in place. I just hope the 4 rolls does it or I may have to go back for more. Plan to create a walk through in the garage to the back door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts