Halloween Forum banner

Advice for Selling Halloween Items on Craigslist? For Sale in Sterling Heights, MI

3760 Views 20 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  22606
I have many Halloween products that I pretty much need to sell as quickly as possible. I have them grouped in lots (mostly large) and am asking very fair prices, in my opinion. I thought that this would be a good time of the year to post them, although I may have been wrong to wait this long (was aiming for early September, but I missed the mark:rolleyes:). I have normally dealt with eBay, so this is my first time using Craigslist. I know that many members purchase goods from off of CL, but how many sell on there? Any luck with your items? Have you ever gotten screwed by parties who seemed interested? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here are my listings, if anyone is in Michigan and interested (or willing to make the drive): http://detroit.craigslist.org/search/sss?userid=271075380
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to both of you for the replies. I have virtually no yard and am on a main corner, so a yard sale is definitely not happening here (sure that the park would be thrilled with vehicles parking everywhere, especially when I am near the office:rolleyes:). No matter what people may say, I always take the time to respond. I have had one person seem truly interested in a few items and we are still in discussions. Others have asked if items were still available then have not bothered to respond again, with that being their full inquiry and me not knowing what the hell else to say other than whether they are or not *shrugs*. Yet another wanted to actually drop by and take a look (not happening until I get to first meet up with some goods in tow and feel someone out); I may have somehow offended them with what I said regarding meeting and going from there, but so be it if that is the case. Most of the prices are lower than I started with, and I really do not want to go any lower if I can help it, with many of the items going for far more on eBay and such than I am asking. I may wind up dividing the lots. No one needs to worry about offending me, so don't bother mincing words;)

· Registered
20,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cloe, I have had the same experience, with folks asking if I will accept far less for brand new items that ordinarily sell for a great deal more than I am asking, which I am not about to agree to. I do not feel that it is being greedy to want a reasonable amount instead of, for instance, settling on a mere $100 for four large items when one alone normally goes for at least $80 by itself. If I had a good job with an actual livable income, I would be far more willing to accept lower (but still fair to myself) rates, though, like you pretty much said, I am not about to practically donate the goods to people.

· Registered
20,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, HallowweenKat. I have already had a lot of hagglers, along with those who seemed interested then never bothered to respond when I told them that the items were still available. This is my first time using Craigslist, but I am quickly learning that eBay does appear to be the better site regarding getting fairer prices (even if the bastiches do unfairly take fees from the shipping costs).

· Registered
20,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you both for commenting, stuffyteddybare and halloweenscreamqueen. When I had items listed, I had it set to only allow people to e-mail me through CL's relay feature. I had a couple ask to stop by my place to see what all I had (to case it? I think not); when I told the folks that I would bring whatever they were most interested in to a public meetup spot and we could go from there, they never responded again, which did not surprise me in the least. I told one person that I would accept the lower price that they offered, yet I never heard from them afterward.

Currently, I do have items listed here for sale that I am willing to ship. I thought that the prices were fair, especially since shipping is not exactly cheap (I would like to at least break even, of course), but what do I know, apparently?:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.