Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought me one of these wonderful hoodies.

Now, it's COLD here, been snowing since Christmas. And, being the polar bear I am, the most I ever wear is a hoodie. This year, that hoodie has been the HalloweenForum one.

And, my 3X frame displays the logo nice and large for folks to see.

This is my ONLY coat, and it goes with me EVERYWHERE.

Occasion does not matter. No dressing up...or down.

Our first episode finds me out shopping on Black Friday....

My wife wanted a Cricut Expression. Now, as it were, Wal Mart had them on sale for (insert 'great price' here). But, there was ALSO a mail-in offer on the expressions. AND, she had managed to sell her smaller Cricut for a decent price. Essentially, for us, it was FREE.

I arrived at Wal-Mart shortly after 3 AM. (Sale starts at 6) Only to find I was the 6th one at the Cricut Pallet. This pallet had side-walls on it with the little cartridges, and it became quickly apparant, there were 15 Expressions...6 of us already there 3 hours early...this was going to be a madhouse.

By 5, there was easily 30 people around the thing, I was already being shoved, and I was on a corner. I started sneakily peeling away the plastic around the pallet, so when the 'go' came, the OTHER side of the pallet had to deal with the plastic wrap getting in their way.

At 5:15, this horn went off down in automotive. People near it took that as a 'go', and there was screaming coming from there. IT WAS ON.

The plastic peeled away just as I had planned, hampering the far side, and the sidewall was heaved by someone behind me. I vaguely caught sight of it flying off over the isle into the crafts dept. Cartridges littering the floor as it flew. I calmly reached in and grabbed an Expression. Someone behind me took that opportunity to leap-frog me, knocking off my hat in the process (a rather nice leather "aussie" hat that's been with me for ages)

So, once able to stand up again, I stood there, witnessing as 3 ladies all had their arms around the last one, none willing to relinquish their grip, punching, biting, scratching each other on the floor of a Wal-Mart.

I was just waiting for my hat to re-emerge.

I hear this hollering from a ways down the row. "Hey, Halloween man!"

It took a couple times for that to sink in they were calling ME. (having forgot this jacket had that logo on it...) Looking up, I see this fellow that had been there since 3 with me waiving my hat, hollering "Hey, Halloween man!"

I wade through the crowds towards him, and he says. "You know, I think you're really onto something. Halloween is at least FUN, unlike putting up with this crap each year."

We talked a bit, I gave him my websight, and this address, then proceeded to find my wife, who was off grabbing Cabbage Patch dolls for our entire neighborhood. :eek:

More adventures to come when I have more time. ;) What about everyone else? What comments has wearing your stuff inspired from folks?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
ROFLMAO! That was a great story. How about a pic of you in the jacket? hint, hint. I hate the cold but, I love the bears.

·
Registered
725 Posts
That is a great story. I wont go near walmart anymore during big sales. It just brings out the ugly in the ugly if you know what I mean. ;)

Not a halloween related one. But I am a programmer, and my wife thought it would be funny to get me a t-shirt from thinkgeek one christmas that says "No I Will Not Fix Your Computer". I got a few nerd related shirts from there since then but this one gets the most response. Usually goes something like this.

Person "So you fix computers hey?"

Me "No"

Person "My internets have been...."

Me "No" ... followed by running away.

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
BWAH HA HA HA! Okay, now I know 'fer sure! that I will never go to one of those Wal-mart Black Fridays...never! Great story.

Here's my little Halloween Forum hoodie story: I was wandering Home Depot, like I'm want to do, and I got an orange apron guy to stop and help me. I was trying to figure out what kind of circular saw blade to get to cut rebar. He was a little puzzled why me (a little woman) would want to do this. Then I had to do the 'explanation' (I know you've all been through this) and explained to him that I needed to cut rebar into smaller spikes so I could pound it into the ground so I can mount gravestones in my front yard. He looked at me like I just spouted a third arm so I turned around and pointed at the HolloweenForum logo on the back of my hoodie and said, "I'm really into Halloween."

·
Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ROFLMAO! That was a great story. How about a pic of you in the jacket? hint, hint. I hate the cold but, I love the bears.
I've looked over my wife's photo albums, and there's many of my wearing it, but none from the back where the logo is. I'll see if we can accomidate.

So, I'ld been wearing this jacket for a couple weeks at this point...

Well, let me tell you a bit about work first.

Most the people here are engineers, lab personell, and folks in that line of work. THEN THERE IS ME....

All these engineers and brainy types get to design all the fun stuff, but they still need someone to go put it to use in the field. That's where I step in. So, while 99% of the building is office work, there are us Field Tech types, who tend to roll around in the dirt, as it were.

As such, 99% of the building is wearing collars and nice pants, and dress shoes...I'm in my blue jeans and steel toes, and a clean shirt only when the day's events have allowed it to remain thus.

Our area manager...tolerates...this dress code, at best, recognizing the neccessary evils associated with our work. And, "casual" days, often see us field techs with me showing up in some Oakland Raiders gear, and my buddies in their Harley Davidson gear. We get a chuckle at the looks we get...

Anyhow, the jacket, apparantly had been causing one of the office queens to get her panties in a bunch. She's always given me this literature about how Halloween is the devil's birthday and stuff each year anyway. Now, it's been too much for her to see Halloween every day.

Well, apparantly she took that complaint to management in the form of a suggestion. We show up to work to find that the field techs have been issued COMPANY coats. Nice jackets that look like the old letterman jackets from Highschool. Big company logo on the back. Nice, heavy, coats.

Next day, I see the area manager sitting at the receptionists desk on the way in. He stops me.

"So, why aren't you wearing that company jacket?"

"Oh, that thing's MUCH too nice to be doing field work in. Wouldn't want to get it all dirty." (not to mention it's big and bulky, and would be in my way, and I don't wear COATS)

He just gave this little grin and shook his head. Going into the office, I see none of the other techs had worn theirs, either, and the little office queen took one look and stormed off to her office.

I've recently added my little skull skulpt to the top of the cubicle just to make sure she's reminded while I'm away...

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
UnOrthodOx,...that first story made me spit coffee all over my keyboard and screen.:D:D

In my humble opinion sir, you were lucky to re-emerge with just a squashed hat.

I have witnessed the mayhem and carnage that invariably ensues at store sales and the blood lust that consumes the "gentle sex" during these events,
Scenes that would make the bloodiest zombie flesh-feast look like afternoon tea with the Vicar. I have seen walking sticks, umbrellas and zimmer frames brandished and used in a fashion that would make Bruce Lee green with envy, and witnessed gentle, little old ladies suddenly transformed into something resembling a monkey on crack.

If one were seriously contemplating suicide, one could do far worse than volunteer to be the poor unfortunate who's job it is to open the doors at a store sale.

UnOrthodOx, you are a greater man than I sir, for you go where I fear to tread.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I sort-of have one.......

Last Fall my daughters boyfried (who my husband & I call "Boy") was over and they went somewhere to pick up food and he (not to my knowledge) grabbed MY Halloween sweatshirt, then they came back and started to eat standing up in the kitchen with my sweatshirt still on.

I enter the room - "You are wearing MY Halloween Sweatshirt?"
Boy - UUUHH Yes?
Me - "You are EATING While wearing MY HALLOWEEN Sweatshirt?"
All Kids in the Kitchen 'Dude, Take It Off!"

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts

Last Fall my daughters boyfried (who my husband & I call "Boy") was over and they went somewhere to pick up food and he (not to my knowledge) grabbed MY Halloween sweatshirt, then they came back and started to eat standing up in the kitchen with my sweatshirt still on.

Boy - UUUHH Yes?
My hubby did the same thing, and that was my exact response to... No-one touches momma's halloween jacket.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts

Boy - UUUHH Yes?
LOL. Great story!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts