Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go easy on myself and my guests this Halloween, so no theme and any Halloween costume goes. Decided to be a pumpkin myself...and now got stuck, how to make pumpkin make up and have pumpkin face on my dress? Seems like my pimpkin is having two faces!!! Suggestions greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
Hmmmm.....zombies and pirates oh and mad scientists
83 Posts
I have some ideas running through my head ranging from cute to disturbing lol. If i finish the sketches by the end of the week ill upload them for ya if youd like :)

·
Registered
Hmmmm.....zombies and pirates oh and mad scientists
83 Posts
So I am not the best at figure drawing and my scanner is broken :( i have not used it in years so idk whats wrong with it. Id try using my phone to take the picture but you cannot see all the details. But I was rattling my brain around it and I had 2 different ideas if you would like to "listen" to them.

Idea #1: No Makeup (Pumpkin Face on Dress)
Find an Iron face you like and apply to dress or how ever method you plan on doing it.
The accessories I would envision are as follows.
*Hair use a brown hairband and put hair in a high ponytail or bun to simulate the stem of the pumpkin and maybe string some green fake leaf garland to simulate the vines that sprout from the top.
*Face either go all out with the makeup as you want or basic
*Wrist or Waist I would add some pumpkin bracelets or a "belt" made from strung together mini pumpkins to give it that "queen of the pumpkin patch feel"
*Shoes do what you what you think would be best nothing wrong with just black. Oh also gotta have a pair of leggings :)

Idea #2 Makeup on face
Hair: Same as idea #1
Face: Create a jack-o-lantern look with basic makeups besure to make your eyes pop!
Neck: Since the face sits up higher I would add the green leaf garland as either a loose necklace or on the top and or bottom of the dress to bring some eye of attention balance. but that isup to you.
Def keep the idea of the little pumpkin bracelet an option again to add balance to the outfit. As for shoes and leggings that is up to you.

I am sure you have already thought of these ideas but your right without going to disturbing like "mutated pumpkins" or a goblin coming out of the pumpkins top it was very challenging to keep the overall look classy yet in the spirits of the holiday lol I am sure how you decide to do it I hope its great!!!!

P.S. Afterthought if you wanted to add a dash of horror to it you could always carry a "pumpkin gut covered" kitchen knife to give it the idea you carved it into your own flesh.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that was the way i was going...but i dont seem to be able to really make up my mind!!! Too many makeup ideas, but then dress will be quite boring without pumpkin face on it :( So i think i m going for face on the dress, my hair colored in green to orange (top to bottom), hair band with pumpkin stem with leaves attached. And i will do makeup with pumpkin leaves & kind of make face & hairband match (very hopefull idea). Well plus looking for tights with green orange stripes lengthwise, for legs hands to resemble stems. Now just got to see how much of that i can achieve to match a pic in my head ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts