Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is getting married this year.. on Halloween! My family thought it would be great if we could surprise everyone at the reception and go all out and dress up. I'm looking for some ideas. My parents are both 50 and my two brothers and I range from 18-24. Something in today's pop culture would be ideal!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Scary? Funny? Sexy? Gory? Glamourous? These are the questions I always ask at The Costume Shop where I work when someone wants ideas. Aren't all the other guests coming in costume, also? Usually they do when there's a Halloween wedding.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We did the "Adams Family" with our friends a few years ago. I'm 6'4" tall, so I was Lurch. ;)

Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester, Lurch, Wednesday, Pugsley, or Cousin It are all fair game and great for all shapes and sizes.

Eric

·
Registered
312 Posts
Group Ideas

Alice, Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dum + Dee, Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, Queen of Hearts, cards...tons of usuable ones there.

The Incredibles, or any group of super heroes - Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

Universal Movie Monsters - Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Mummy, Werewolf, Dracula...

Teletubbies

Circus - Ring leader, bearded lady, acrobat, lion tamer, etc.

Maybe you could wear hideous bridesmaid dresses and be a secondary bridal party?

·
Registered
540 Posts
zombie-stunt-double-70's-wedding party... I like it!

I saw one of the costume places I was looking online had a bunch of the streetfighter characters may not be appropriate for this, but it was an intersting group costume idea I've not seen before.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Other successful group costumes I've been involved in:

Gilligan's Island cast (there's 7 of them so you'd have to drop 2 characters or pick up 2 more family members).

Reno 911 cast

If you want pop culture you could try the Americal Idol cast (3 judges, Seacrest, and a performer).

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Pretty much any band, Beatles, Stones, ect.

Charlies angels + bosley (but thats only 4)

The Village People of course

for recent pop culture you could do the big stars of '09. Lady Gaga, Obama, ect.

or you could take a risk and do the famous people that have died. MJ, Billy Mays, Fara Fawcett, Ed McMahon, and the Taco Bell Dog???

·
Registered
119 Posts
check with the bride

You may want to find out if the bride is okay with this. Some bridezillas don't want ANY attention taken away from them on "their" day. I'd hate for you to alienate a whole branch of your family by "ruining" the wedding.

Personally, I think if you choose Halloween as a wedding day, costumes would be required!

We did a Haunted Halloween Wedding Reception one year. My husband and I were the dead bride and groom (bride in black lace over red satin with black veil, groom in a dilapidated black tux with red satin tie). We had a priest and some dead bridesmaids. Got a full 4-piece tux on ebay for $35.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts