Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a case of 50 foam boards from the dollar tree online, which I'll be picking up in a couple days. What I want to do is cut each piece into four, and place them on the kitchen walls in a brick pattern, to kinda give the illusion of cinderblock walls. Then, of course, I'll splatter them with fake blood. Does anyone know of a good, inexpensive adhesive to stick the "bricks" to the wall without damaging the paint or leaving a residue? The boards would have to stay up for a couple weeks, and they're pretty light weight.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd suggest that tacky stuff you'd use to hang posters. Get a friend, child, partner, etc to make little balls of it and hand them to you while you hang them up. Say a small blob in each corner and a couple in the middle for good measure. It should hold and come right off later.

I should've read the post above mine. Those squares do work well too. Probably quicker to use. :)

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
This might be another option as well:
Quakehold

I've always called the stuff "earthquake putty", but it's also known as Museum putty - it holds things pretty securely, and doesn't stick permanently.
Thought I had for you with this stuff - all you would need is a tiny ball at each corner of board you're applying (about the size of a BB)...then, you press the board against the wall, wriggling it into place as you do (the wriggle really makes that putty stick).

I love this stuff for my fragile items at home - it never becomes too dry or old to work with, so moving things around with it is fine...over, and over, and over...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,695 Posts
As far as the putty/3M stuff. If you have flat paint on the walls, test that stuff first. I've noticed a slight oil spot of residue when you remove them.

If you have a eggshell or gloss finish, that shouldn't happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts