Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to making electronics for my props. Ive made led stuff before but thats about it. Im interested in adding a speaker with a motion sensor on one of my grim reapers so that when someone walks by, he greets them with a scary voice. Just want him to say a quick greeting, nothing elaborate. Any pointers on what i should use to record the sound and play it along with a motion sensor i could use?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been trying to find something similar and I came across this which is a mp3 player that you can connect a motion sensor to. I don't what exactly you were looking for but it looks like it could work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Heh, you guys must be made of money if you use those on more than one or two props.

Try this:

SAW 3 DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER | AllElectronics.com

These little guys are ridiculously easy to hack and even come with batteries. There is a link in the comments section on the product that'll take you to all the hacks. Basically for 4 bucks (the device is only 2 bucks, but you'll wanna buy two jacks and some resistors which will add up to around 1.50) you'll have a self-contained 30 second voice recorder with EVERYTHING you need. As for activation, applying a little voltage to the play button will start playback.

I love these little things, bought 5 of em. Halloween is getting really close but if I have time I'll make a write-up regarding some of the things you can do with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts