Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any reworking of those lit Spooky Trees that lots of places carry?

I bought 5 or 6 of them on clearance one year dirt cheap, think they were the 5-foot variety, have orange lights on them, and are kind of short-branched. I was never really happy with the overall look of them so this year decided to do a remake, pulling off the orange lights and replacing them with purple ones. While I'm at it I thought why not make them taller too?! I thought maybe I could use PVC piping at the trunk and maybe even create more of a stand out of the whole thing by adding tree trunk "legs" at the bottom spreading outwards across the ground for better stability. The trees came with spikes that really don't work well in my ground at Halloween-time anyway. I guess I could add padding to fill out the shape and use black plastic sheeting or landscape material to wrap it all. Before I launch into this project I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas or had done something like this themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts