Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just watched a really good new flick called "Scary Stories To Tell In the Dark". It's a classic teenagers getting themselves in trouble during Halloween kind of "horror" flick. I'd call it more of a thriller than a horror flick. I highly recommend it, but not exactly scary. Anyway, there was a great scarecrow in the movie of course guarding a corn field. I'd love to incorporate "Harold" into my graveyard, but I started wondering if a scarecrow in a graveyard makes sense? Of course I've seen it in home haunts, but does it make sense is my question. I'm cursed with sometimes paralyzing myself with logic. I'm just trying to justify adding "Harold" to the yard logically. :) Help anyone?

·
Registered
37 Posts
What is the purpose of your Halloween display? I'm guessing it's to have fun for you, your family, and for ToTs and the community to enjoy. If that's the case then I don't think people are going to worry too much about the logic of the display. Harold could just be passing through. ;)

If you're really worried about logic, have the illusion of a cornfield next door to the graveyard, with Harold literally sitting on the fence.

It's your display, so if you want Harold then place him in the display! :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Zombies, Vampires, ghouls, ect I can see in a cemetary, but I've always wondered about scarecrows in cemeteries the same way I wonder about clowns. Why would a clown be in a graveyard. What's he doing there? Is he going to use one of those fake flowers to squirt a corpse in the face with water? Is Dracula going to get a belly laugh from that, or wonder if it's actually Van Helsing is disguise with some holy water. I am probably overthinking it now.

Maybe a scarecrow would work as part of a totem with a witch, or as part of some sort of vampire ceremony? At least in my thinking, it would probably have to be one of those scarecrows that is basically part scare crow, part covered up dead body.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We just watched a really good new flick called "Scary Stories To Tell In the Dark". It's a classic teenagers getting themselves in trouble during Halloween kind of "horror" flick. I'd call it more of a thriller than a horror flick. I highly recommend it, but not exactly scary. Anyway, there was a great scarecrow in the movie of course guarding a corn field. I'd love to incorporate "Harold" into my graveyard, but I started wondering if a scarecrow in a graveyard makes sense? Of course I've seen it in home haunts, but does it make sense is my question. I'm cursed with sometimes paralyzing myself with logic. I'm just trying to justify adding "Harold" to the yard logically. :) Help anyone?
So your saying basically that anyone who sees the flick will recognize Harold (. I have yet to see it ). But sounds good. So go ahead ! I added a game of thrones set. I am pretty sure not that many kids recognized that but the older ones yes. Several guests I had dressed the part and interacted in the sets. Maybe have teens involved as actors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts