Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Snoop Dogg is going to be the "voice" of Cousin It in the upcoming animated Addams Family movie. Will he turn Cousin It into a rapper? Very scary!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,396 Posts
This isn't "our" Addams Family movie & it's not meant to be. It's meant to bring new fans into the Addams "Family". Just like all those Scooby Doo remakes. My Scooby was the 60s/70s Scooby but because of the reboots & remakes Scooby is still a "thing" with today's kids which is really awesome if you ask me.

While I may not like the new Scooby Doo series, most kids today don't know who Don Knotts or Davy Jones are, really, that's some horribly dated animation that only us 70s kids would put up with because that's what we grew up with:

Kids today don't want that. They want something familiar & after watching a few new episodes, there are a few changes but mostly it's still the same formula of "hey kids lets solve a mystery!" They end up in a scary situation, things go wrong, wackiness ensues, & then they solve the mystery.

This Addams Family is for those kids. So if some kid sees the new one & gets into the "Family" then I'm all for it. If the kids in your life see it & like then you can show them the TV show & the movies.

Heck, they've probably already seen the movies numerous times anyway. The movies are being run all month on Freeform as part of their Halloween programming so they're on TV constantly now. They've done the same for the last couple of years too.

As with all movies/tv shows/music/etc. that people have issues with, I'll save judgement on the whole thing until I see it/hear it.

I'd rather have these reboots to keep it in the minds & hearts of new fans than to have it just disappear to TV & movie history.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts