Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is real!:

Located in Stroh Ranch Parker, Colorado sits an abandoned house and barn...at least for some...

About 10 years ago when all that inhabited Parker was plains, ranches, and a couple of neighborhoods, lived a family of three. The pregnant mother, father and their young seven year old daughter. They had lived there for about 5-6 years. After about a year their daughter struggled with strange supernatural like symptoms as well as anxiety. She later was found hanged in her room by a cable. They later discovered that she committed suicide. Only months after the loss the mother had a miscarriage. 5 years later the couple moved out and the house became a First Bank for only about a year then the house was abandoned.

Ever since then there have been reports of people seeing the daughter with the cable, and hearing a crying baby.
Very strange things happen there. Trust me I've been to it.

So just though I'd post this to maybe give inspiration? no? because it's sooooo close to my house! i've been in it and let me tell you its soooo scary!!

P.S. the building on the left is the house. on the right is the barn.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks wicked, I love places like this!! I have something similar in my area as well. No pictures but it used to be a winery and one day they had a huge fire several of the workers were trapped inside. I have been there both during the day and night, definately one of the freakier places I have visited.

P.S.- I am sure you have seen it by now, but there is a TV show "Scariest Places On Earth" or somethin similar. Great Show

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
neat! we have a old psychiatric hospital that when you look in the windows you can see it looks as if people ran off in the middle of the shift.

there is even a electro shock machine just inside the door.
whoah! scary!! where is this?!

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,633 Posts
OOOH! You hit the right nerves! I love the paranormal....wish I could be a paranormal investigator/ghost hunter! It has always been my passion since I can remember....next to halloween :wink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
creepy! i don't know what it is about all that paranormal stuff and shows on haunted houses, but i just love them! of course, i can't sleep at night afterward.

my boyfriend's sister used to be a security guard at a mall by our house. the mall had a big movie theater that had closed down and was being used for storage. i guess a lot of bums and stuff broke in and were living in it, so the security guards had to do daily checks of the place. i guess phones ring without being plugged in, chairs move, and one light stays on above an abandoned chair all the time. one night, we all snuck in and played sardines with flashlights. i nearly crapped my pants i was so scared.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have a haunted house just down the road from us also. I live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive by it every time I go to town. I have also visited it in the day time...not sure if I got enough guts to do it at night.
Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Minnesota
The town is Embarrass, it lists what happened at the home.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Creepy! I don't think I would have gone inside, seeing as the outside looks well cared for i'd be scared of getting caught.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Colorado alright! I grew up in Aurora so a couple of places you must go to at night of course, Garden of the Gods especially near Balanced Rock, Manitou Springs throughout the whole town it is just wonderful-during October they have a coffin race and a ghost tour. These areas are near Colorado Springs but don't take to long to get to. Parker is fairly close. Thanks for the memories............

·
Registered
619 Posts
Tragically, my neighbor's 18 yr old grandson who was visiting for a couple weeks last month committed suicide. Shot himself. I was woke up at 5am by 6 police cars, an ambulance, and the coroners. The cleaning crew came in the next day and spent the entire day there. Everything in the living room was splattered including the ceiling. It was all taken out. I'm wondering if we'll get a sighting from him on All Hallow's Eve.

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
From the photo it looks like a pretty normal house on the outside.

Not aware of any haunted places near where I live, but then I've never tried finding any either. My Dad grew up in Wellsville, NY that has a mansion called The Pink House. It is supposedly haunted by the first owner's little girl who drowned in a fountain/pond in the front yard.

One place near where I live on top of a hill there's an old abandoned school house. It looks spooky from the outside, but I've never stopped to go into it. It is so overgrown around it with trees and brush I think it would be a struggle just to get back to it. I've never been able to find any info about it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From the photo it looks like a pretty normal house on the outside.

Not aware of any haunted places near where I live, but then I've never tried finding any either. My Dad grew up in Wellsville, NY that has a mansion called The Pink House. It is supposedly haunted by the first owner's little girl who drowned in a fountain/pond in the front yard.

One place near where I live on top of a hill there's an old abandoned school house. It looks spooky from the outside, but I've never stopped to go into it. It is so overgrown around it with trees and brush I think it would be a struggle just to get back to it. I've never been able to find any info about it.
veeerrryy scary!

·
Registered
163 Posts
My sister and I are convinced that our parents' house is haunted. There have been several times where I have been alone in the house (just recently in fact) and I heard someone in the hallway and was positive someone else was in the house. I even looked up to see who was coming, but no one was there. You can even hear the floor squeak as if someone were walking down the hall. This is the most common thing that happens. Both my mom and sister have heard scratching on the window in one of the bedrooms on separate occasions. No trees outside the windows to explain that... Its really strange. I had my room in the basement when I was a teenager and once heard someone say my name, but it was in the middle of the night and no one else was downstairs. I always hoped it was just my imagination, but I'm convinced that I heard it...I'm almost 30 years old, but I'm still scared of that basement!

·
Registered
340 Posts
wow, scary! I looked at the pic before reading the post and thought 'that doesn't look very scary' but after reading the post and looking at it again it suddenly became spooky and sinister.

I live right next to (about 1 mile) the White cemetary in Illinois on Cuba Rd. that shows up in alot of haunting books and it's been an urban legend all my life. I still get shivers turning onto Cuba Rd even today. I havn't seen the ghostly girl myself but know some people from high school who have. And it is veeerrrryyy spooky driving down this road at night knowing she's around.

here's a little history:

White Cemetary, Barrington Illinois

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow, scary! I looked at the pic before reading the post and thought 'that doesn't look very scary' but after reading the post and looking at it again it suddenly became spooky and sinister.

I live right next to (about 1 mile) the White cemetary in Illinois on Cuba Rd. that shows up in alot of haunting books and it's been an urban legend all my life. I still get shivers turning onto Cuba Rd even today. I havn't seen the ghostly girl myself but know some people from high school who have. And it is veeerrrryyy spooky driving down this road at night knowing she's around.

here's a little history:

jeez gives me the chills!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My sister and I are convinced that our parents' house is haunted. There have been several times where I have been alone in the house (just recently in fact) and I heard someone in the hallway and was positive someone else was in the house. I even looked up to see who was coming, but no one was there. You can even hear the floor squeak as if someone were walking down the hall. This is the most common thing that happens. Both my mom and sister have heard scratching on the window in one of the bedrooms on separate occasions. No trees outside the windows to explain that... Its really strange. I had my room in the basement when I was a teenager and once heard someone say my name, but it was in the middle of the night and no one else was downstairs. I always hoped it was just my imagination, but I'm convinced that I heard it...I'm almost 30 years old, but I'm still scared of that basement!
wow! scarrrryyy!! that type of stuff happens alot at the house. So i'm told.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts

here's a little history:

I have cruised your road thousands of times on my bike,Never saw anything tho.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts