Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some links people know of that sell acrylic teeth? I was thinking of ordering some bucky skeletons and I hate the molded teeth, they look fake. So basically I'd be looking for perhaps 10 sets so cheapest price or even wholesale would be best.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,779 Posts
Hey, you can try some dental distributors and see if they will do a cash sale. Two of the largest in the US are Patterson Dental and Henry Schein. They may have a branch near you. If you can't locate a source in the US I may have a large set of various shades to barter with.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't really make sense out of those sites that are more geared towards a dentist to make his own teeth and cause immeasurable pain and suffering ;)

Lot of dental supply stores but they're very hard to find what I'm looking for. I'm not looking for top of the line teeth but more so teeth that can do the job at a cheap price. So far the cheapest I've seen is on Ebay but the sellers are in China with long lead times. Skeletons are out, corpse heads are in and I want to start production in about a week. I would probably go with the Chinese sources for long term but in the short I'm looking for a supplier who doesn't have to be hired to place a lightweight object in a box and print out a label. I sell on Ebay and I'm very careful about charging too much for shipping. Come on, $5 to ship 1 full set? That's ridiculous. That's the real problem, sorting. For some props I will only use uppers, for others I will use both upper and downers(staggers a bit)as well as anterior and posterior. Worse comes to worse I'm awful handy with a dremel. Most of the people i see selling teeth are not exactly looking to sell for volume. Most of their sales go to people who use dentures and need teeth. There's not a mad rush to buy teeth. I'd think most people go to their dentist to get a custom fit not an off the rack "so what if my new toof' is longer than the others and makes a scraping chalkboard sound when I eat in public". lol Trying to get below $5 for a whole set and half that for just the uppers. Another option since I am creating dead things is buy a bag of loose ones and just arrange them without too much rhyme or reason.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I wouldn't use fingernails and did think of the hot glue teeth. Little bit tricky getting the temp just right but could be used for monster creations. Glue doesn't paint very well though.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not too expensive at $4 a set. How fast did they ship? I get the impression they're making them on demand based upon lead times.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
Hey,

Here's the kit that I have that is still untouched. Send me a pm if interested in finding a suitable trade. Mail from Canada doesn't take too long.

OMG this is awesome, where did u get this???? :)

I use Scuply to make my teeth, but I want those!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used white skuptey clay. Just shape your teeth, bake at 200 for 15 minutes and they are rock hard ready to give a brown paint wash.

Attachments

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is that about 10 sets? I got to thinking about acrylic teeth like these and may think they're not the best way to go. Thank you for the offer though. If I was working with say a Lindberg skull which has slots to accommodate teeth like those then it would work or teeth like this. I won't be using a Lindberg. I'll be using other skulls and removing molded teeth or using them depending upon how I feel. If I remove them I'd have to drill a bunch of holes to fit denture teeth. That could become problematic. In reality I'd have to take cutters and snip teeth like those and bond them to the skull. I might be defeating the purpose in retrospect.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a good idea. I had thought about that but never really thought glue sticks come in so many colors. And glue sticks I believe are acrylic(???). Only thing that concerns me with glue is making sure it sticks to urethane plastic. I did a drip lamp on a bucky skull and it stuck though. Don't like clear glue and food coloring or yet because I can't get it to lose it's tack and had that stuff peel up off a prop under the summer heat.

There is another more advanced technique. You do exactly what a dentist does but make them into monster teeth. I might be leaning in that direction. Might have to order a video.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a good effect you got. I'm afraid I'm want something a little more sharper, like Dental Distortions. That's where I'm leaning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts