Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have used one air powered prop. I used an 11 gal air tank set to about 50psi. I was able to get a night out of it. I think the tank was rated at either 120-150 psi

But I was looking a a spitter prop.
this thing uses like 100psi.
I was thinking the air tank wouldnt work well with this prop and i would need a compressor.

those compressors are so loud. And they draw alot of amps.

any advice?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Oil filled compressors run a bit quieter than what I believe are reed air compressors. They kind of chug along! I keep my air compressor away from the action on Halloween by using a nice long air hose. As far as amps go, I have no idea, I plug it straight in to a 110!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got about 50-60 pops out of the 11 gal tank filled to about 120psi. it was set at about 50 psi. so I lost about a lbs after each use.

the spitter is releasing air into the open for about 2 sec. not filling a piston. So I am inclined to think it is releasing more air. so I am afraid a storeage tank wont do.
any way to figure how often a compressor would have to run to refill a 20 gallon tank to operate this spitter prop at 100 psi?

·
Hauntless
8,395 Posts
Like what Homestead Haunt said, place the compressor far way and run really long air lines. I have my compressor in the basement and routed the airhoses into the garage where the haunt is. Worked out great and it didn't matter how loud that compressor was.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I would do both place the compressor faraway and have it hooked to a resiovr tank so as that emptys the the compressor would fill it and you get the best of both worlds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts