Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decide to give it a go since I have learned to work with solenoids. I had this steel drum sitting around the back of my office and decided to put it to good use. Built a simple Pneumatic pop-op and mounted to a piece of 1 x 2
Then I bored a hole into another piece of 1 x 2 to keep the cylinder vertical. I cut the wood pieces about 1/2" longer so I could just wedge them into place.Pretty simple!!!
I was thinking of filling with dry ice and piping fog in from the bottom. I'll send more pics as it progresses.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Barrel/trashcan pop up is probably the first prop people should try when first starting with air. One range of motion is the easiest to work with. Looks good.

The spitter is just as easy. Solenoid,water check valve, tubing, then a smaller tubing inserted in the larger close to the exit point of the spray, the other end of the smaller goes into the water.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Agreed

I was just listening to Hauntcast.net this morning, and they talked about pneumatics and how the pop-up should be the first type you attempt for the reasons listed above. Great minds think alike...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts