Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my daughter pick out the designs for the foam pumpkins this year. I got stumped looking for Vampire designs so I let her look at images online for me to carve. BTW She's 5 :) She picked out this one:

Seems harmless enough, right? A vampire about to bite a girl's neck.

When I tried to print it out the printer went all wonky so I asked my hubby to print out the picture for me. When he got home I asked if he remembered to print it and he asked me why in the world would I want to carve this design??? I asked him what he meant. He said it looked like a Twilight scene gone wrong! You see his printer spits out the paper a different way that our and this is what he saw:

He turned the paper and I saw it! It really looks like a girl ON a vamp guy! I just better make sure this pumpkin stays upright if I don't want crazy neighbors complaining!

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Sorry,I got a laugh out of the pumpkin carving gone wild. No harm no foul since its not making it out of the concept stage huh?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not that the subject matter bothers me in the least, but both orientations could be construed as sexual. It all depends on who's on top. I recommend a 45 degree angle to put both characters in a more upright position for a more PC pumpkin.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
That reminds me of a pumpkin pattern I saw many years ago.

The artist that does the Arlo & Janice daily newspaper comic strip is a long time fan of pumpkin carving. Years ago he featured a pattern in one of his strips that was a jack-o-lantern that from the street appeared to be quite lewdly peering up a trick-or-treater's skirt. I saved that strip for years, but never found the right shaped pumpkin to do it, and eventually lost track of the strip as well.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Mrs Samedi has just demanded to know why I am sitting in our lounge looking at pumpkin p*rn...:eek:

She has also enquired as to whether I might turn into an uncontrollable, rampant beast if she were to dress as a butternut squash this Halloween..;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
n ot inappropriate, since she picked it out and because of her age...well, she didn't have 'that' in mind.
it could be construed as inappropriate in any angle you turn the page.... ;)
but again, since it was done in all innocence, she will still see only a vampire about to bite a victim.
I'd say, do it but..take a picture of it and share it with her in her late teen years. You'll both get a little laugh out of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts