Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for a 2016 AC Moore thread and haven't found one, I also asked several times on different threads and no one ever pointed me to one so if mods please move this if there is in fact one already.

Anyway, I was there on Friday and they have their Halloween out already and it is also already ALL 40% off. Most of it is on the cute side but they had several things that were nice and they had several of the canvas's that light up.

ac moore 16 1.jpg ac moore 16 2.jpg
ac moore 16 3.jpg ac moore 16 4.jpg
ac moore 16 5.jpg ac moore 16 6.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
I haven't seen any AC Moore threads myself, I assumed it was because it's a New England thing. I don't think anywhere but the North East has them :( which is sad because they're SOOOOO much cheaper than Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew they were only in certain parts of the country but I didn't know which ones. I'm in Tennessee Looks like only in the east, 16 states total.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I love the lightning one. But they don't sell online, do they? The Web page has a cart, but I can't see any way to put something in it!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the lightning one. But they don't sell online, do they? The Web page has a cart, but I can't see any way to put something in it!
That one is my favorite too. I honestly don't know if they sell online. Don't know how much shipping is ( don't know where you are) but with a 50% off coupon maybe it would be doeable to ship one. Not sure how easy it would be to pack it safely.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Unfortunately they do not sell online and it's something that makes me sad, I'd love to order something and have it sent Midwest to my Mom. I follow them on twitter and asked if they will be finishing their website soon. I was told and I quote

"We're working on our brick and mortar stores right now and have no plans to have an online presence in the near future."

The website when I got out here said their site was under construction, so naturally I assumed the ability to shop online was too but alas. It sucks, they have sales constantly and things are much cheaper there. I get supplies almost every other week.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My store had no canvases out. I was promised by a clerk that they would be out soon. That of course was followed by the comment "It's only August 1st." ugh

·
Registered
232 Posts
My store had no canvases out. I was promised by a clerk that they would be out soon. That of course was followed by the comment "It's only August 1st." ugh
I really really hate that. I mean I get grouchy about Christmas stuff being out in October but I don't judge anyone for getting it. I just want spooky stuff to have more shelf time! But it's like some people can't stop and think before they speak, decor isn't cheap, some people need to start early for creating and financing.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I ran out to the one near me end of the week hoping to get a closer look at the foam heads and pumpkins and my store had everything else I've seen out but them. I'm hoping they are in the back as I doubt stores will get anything else in. It's almost time for craft stores to start filling their isles with hundreds of glittered picks. :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't have that store in my area. I love those styrofoam Frankenstein and gargoyle heads!
Last year I got the Franky head at Walmart for cheaper than other places so maybe they will have them again. not sure about the gargoyle, maybe it is new this year and they might have it as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"It's only August 1st."
Haha don't even get me started on that. :D It drives me crazy that apart from craft stores we don't really see anything Halloween until at least mid-September because of back to school stuff, then come October they are already pushing Christmas. I feel so jipped every year. LOL :(

P.S. Note to stores: It's never too early! ;)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Stopped by an AC Moore not too far from me today. They had 40% off all of their Halloween. Quite a lot of craft activities for kids, if you like that sort of thing, some of which were only $1.00. I don't think the craft Halloween items were on sale though - just the decor was 40% off.

They had a lot of signs & wall items, lots of floral picks, potion bottles, light up things, etc. Not sure if they will get more or not, but I thought a good selection. Here's what we grabbed -

DSC04420.jpg

We grabbed a Flying Bat (on sale for $6!) but they also had dropping spiders at the same price. I just liked those candy corn floral picks - they will go with the shelf decor in my dining room even though I'm not quite sure what I'll do with them yet. The 2 pumpkins will likely end up in the dining room too. The spell book with the bat on it lights up in rotating colors - it shines through the cutouts on the front of the book. It's resin & they had a variety of styles. I think it was $6 after the discount. The cat is just one of those foam shapes - I think I will trace it on Halloween fabric to make an iron-on T-shirt for my DD4. We like to have a good selection of Halloween shirts for the season.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I really really hate that. I mean I get grouchy about Christmas stuff being out in October but I don't judge anyone for getting it. I just want spooky stuff to have more shelf time! But it's like some people can't stop and think before they speak, decor isn't cheap, some people need to start early for creating and financing.
You're 100% correct!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts