Halloween Forum banner

? aboot Monster mud and burlap

2956 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Johnson724
Any opinions about applying MM to burlap. Whats better, dipping method or a painting on method. Also..my burlap looks rather thin. I got it at Homedepot. Is the MM going to fill in the gaps. I'm assuming so but wanted to check before I started. I'm building a reeper.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· I play with dead people
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hold it right there, Johnson. Before you get started check out this product -

http://www.custombuildingproducts.com/docs/data_sheets/Fix-It-All (DSC112).pdf?user=diy&lang=en

This is a cement based product that outperforms any Monster Mud you can think of. The downside is that it sets up real fast. You need to make small batches. Also, it gets so hard that you can barely scratch it. Sanding is tough. But molding and shaping is awesome. As far as durability goes, it's just about bullet-proof.
I'll have to check that out on another project. I already bought the compound and paint. (got some cheap at BigLots)

Looks like dipping wins. I already have planned for the messy:D

1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started working on it tonight. Looks pretty good to me. Easy to work with, messy, got some rolled eyes from the wife, held up a beer..said join me..got more rolled eyes.. tee hee fun

1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put plastic on the floor and still ended up with getting some on the concrete...ehh it will come off (eventually). I'll post pics at some point. I found an oil lamp at the Dollar General and am going to rig a light in it that the reaper will be holding. The head (skull) and hands I have taken from a ground breaker that I bought from Walmart last year.

1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I havent decided if the light will be battery operated or what. I have not put a backing on the reaper yet and I have holes already made in the base to run any wiring I end up using. The arm that is going to hold the light will be the last thing I finish up in case I do go with a wire.

1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I might go ahead and do that. If you remember any of the tags to your thread..or the thread itself I would appreciate it. Man...I love this site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.