Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have small groups of friends and family over during the season on a sceduled basis, this guy greets our guests as they arrive. His name is Abner Cadavar, taxi driver since 1812. He has head turn, eye movement, and jaw. I'm able to easily make new sound files for him that are personalized for the guests. It's really cool when he begins talking and then starts calling people by name, no one expects that. There's also points in the audio where my wife is able to interact with him, all pre-planned of coarse but it's a really cool effect. He's controlled with a Key Fob and just sits there static until triggered. Video to come shortly. (It's cold here now, hence all the flowers in the garage!)

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hilarious. Reminds me of the cab driver in Halloweentown.

I've had a taxi driver prop parked at my Dead & Breakfast haunt for a few years now though he's just a static one.
He sits in his cab, waiting for the next fare to join him on their last ride. I utilize my own vehicle and add several battery-operated strobes
within to add to the effect.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
excellent! gr8 execution ... luv his bantering ... lol :)

i'm sure it sounds 1000% better in person ... but even on video it sounds good!

amk
Thanks! Yeah, I was getting a bit of an echo in the garage with the door closed, the garage door is open when guests arrive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts