Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
the last one is too modern & tacky for me - but the first two are beautiful old buildings. It seems such a shame that these are left to rot & die when they could be stunning if some love & attention (& money) was put into them. of course - as they are - they would be perfect halloween haunts!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah witchiepoo, That 3rd one was actually a joke...You hit the nail on the head when you used the word tacky...Tacky=Scary in a different way...Ha!....Since your not from the USA, I'm not sure if you know who Mike Tyson is but that house is definitely his personality....The first 2 are the kind of houses I look for in the wee hours of the morning...It's cool to "explore" from the comfort of my chair without having to worry about being arrested for trespassing or falling through a floor...etc...etc....I agree, it would be incredible to fix one back up to live in....It's a shame to watch something with such character crumble to pieces....ZR

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
oh we know who Mike Tyson is!!!!

i know what you mean - I just love old buildings & wish I could afford to live in one - or even to fix one up. they have such amazing beauty.

there's a really old mansion near where I live that's abandoned - it's owned by the M.O.D & hubby works for them so i have asked him to fins out more about it for me & if can have permission to take pictures of it. It's just stunning. If i am allowed i will post them in here of course. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, creepy and interesting go together for sure....It's interesting because it's about telling a story of a past life and creepy because it's almost like your looking into a forgotten world from afar.....Eastern State Pennitentary is only about 2 1/2 hours from me but I still haven't done that trip yet.....Gettysburg battlefield is less than 2 hours away and I still haven't done the ghost tour! I should be shot for that one!...ZR

·
Registered
691 Posts
I went to the ghost tour in Gettysburg, it's pretty creepy at night. I believe there's one where you walk around and then there's another one where you ride on a bus and they drive you around the town. I miss it there. :( Too bad I live in Florida.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to the ghost tour in Gettysburg, it's pretty creepy at night. I believe there's one where you walk around and then there's another one where you ride on a bus and they drive you around the town. I miss it there. :( Too bad I live in Florida.
I want a tour like that! Especially at night.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah, creepy and interesting go together for sure....It's interesting because it's about telling a story of a past life and creepy because it's almost like your looking into a forgotten world from afar.....
Thanks for posting those it 's always a pleasure to look at those mansion and imagine what it could have been like at that time .

Like you said Telling a story of a past life i don't know what is in my blood but i am more interested in the past than in the future .
The story of the Mudhouse was so interesting and in anothe way just inviting to do illegal thing to learn more, the more secretive a place is the more it says come and explore me i have a great story to tell lollllllll!

I remember somewhere in this forum somebody posted a story about and old hospital that somebody was trying to invest in it to do an hotel with it, do not remember what was the name of the place but all the picture from the past and what it looks like today was amazing. and all i could do was trying to imagine th running around and the story behind that old hospital.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Brother-in-law knows someone who used to be a guide...He asked him if he ever saw anything strange to which he replied UH HUH....Yeah.....But didn't go into detail what it was...Then he asked him if he ever walked the battlefield at night to which he said- you couldn't pay me enough money to walk that at night....I'd like to....:D...I personally have never seen anything...Just one thing that sticks out to me as ever being in the weird category....When I lived at home,We used to have a cloths line with a dog chain run from the garage up to my dad's wood shop which was actually a 100 year old 2 story cabin converted into a house converted into his wood shop up on a hill behind our house which you couldn't see very well for tall bushes blocking the view...One night I was on the back porch and I could hear the dog chain rattling up at the cabin end which is weird because we always took the dog off the chain at the garage end because it was much closer to the house when we brought him back in so that in itself was wierd....It was a calm night, no wind and the dog was in the house so I stood there for a couple seconds trying to figure out why it could be moving and rattling like that up at that end....I was maybe 10 or 12 years old so I wasn't going to investigate.....I went back in the house....The next morning all my baby rabbits where dead in their cage...No signs of an animal trying to claw into it or anything....The rabbits appeared fine with one exception...Their eyes was as wide open as they could physically be...It creeps me out even thinking about it today.....Me and my brother was talking about weird stuff like that one day and I brought up that story....He said you know I never told anyone this before but he had an encounter one night real late in that wood shop....He said he didn't have anything to drink:D,wasn't thinking creepy thoughts or anything but he finished working on a project, like I said, real late one night and he was tired....He was walking out of the shop and he just turned the light out and was pulling the door shut and he felt a hand on his shoulder....He said when he spun around there was an apparition of an old lady with rotten teeth and real long white hair in a tethered dress staring at him....He said he never told anyone because people would think he was crazy...I told him he was probably just drunk but he swears he wasn't..... ZR

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Before I visited San Francisco (during Halloween), I found out they have night tours of Alcatraz. So we took it.

They give you a guided tour of the place and then you are free to roam (about an hour) before the next boat comes to pick us up. Let me tell you, you think Alcatraz is spooky during the day?! At night, by yourself, it's off the charts!

We wandered to the section where the supplies are loaded on a railed cart path that leads into an underground tunnel that just disappeared into the darkness. I was double-dog and then triple-dog daring hubby to go in. No way was he going to do it. LOL! chicken...(but, there was no way I was going to do it either). LOL!

Here's some pictures I found on the web of the tour:

Birdman's cell:

Hallway in the Hospital ward:

Behind the cell walls:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts