Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This old House was on the outskirts of Carmichael (South Lanarkshire,Scotland) the village i used to live in. I would walk my dog through the estate whenever i got the chance as it enchanted me BUT creeped me out at the same time. It has been empty for around 15 years now and is falling into more disrepair every year sadly.
I always thought what a fabulous venue for a haunted walk through or haunt tours. The walk through to get to the house is about 1 mile and is lined by trees most of the way so very atmospheric .
carmichael.jpg
2011-12-26 14.23.22.jpg
2011-11-24 15.23.16.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is a MUCH smaller abandoned home down the road from me. It has been empty since I was a kid coming up to visit my grandparents. Currently hubby and I are trying to contact the owner to see if he will sell (it was his mother's home. He inherited it and boarded it up and hasn't been back). We're pretty handy and would love to fix it up.

That is a beautiful building in your pictures. Have you found out any of the history on it? You're right about it being an amazing haunt.

·
Registered
895 Posts
that house is amazing !!! some rich american needs to buy that and fix it up!
would make a great haunted house! or attraction or movie set

·
Registered
387 Posts
Oh my! What a fabulous building for a home and a haunt. It breaks my heart to hear that it's just rotting away to nothing. Wow . . . what a great place!

GiggleingGhost . . . aka . . . GG

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
That's beautiful, tinto, I wish I could have joined you for those walks! I would have been too chicken to brave it alone. Thank you for sharing with us!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol god knows, there were a few dress makers dummies throughout the house. I reckon someone put it there for effect. Just to the left of the pic there was a huge hole in the floor down to the lower floor. Unfortunately most of my pics were to dark so not great for posting. I will post some from others though. 2011-12-26 14.15.50.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
149 Posts
That place is gorgeous. That's one of the many things I miss the most about be back home in the south. There wasn't much for us kids to do so we would check out old homes and mansions all the time......I love history. It's always a shame when places like this are left to fall apart.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts