Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I run a performing arts group in Newcastle UK and we are very lucky to be working in a venue that is an old school. Some of the school is now locked and never entered but we have managed to get access for Halloween 2015. We are looking for some ideas and stories for it.

Here are some pictures of this great venue, I think you'll agree that it's pretty eerie! - http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/chrisperry89-albums-the-abandoned-school.html

Thanks for your help!
Chris :D

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
The next question when you get such a venue is how much are you going to be able to alter it?

I tend to shy away from traditional haunted houses of random rooms with the same jump scares ALL THE TIME.

I think you'd want to stick with the "School" setting, not transform it into a hospital or psych ward or something, but those are options as well.

Personally, the thing screams ghosts/haunting to me. Take advantage of those long hallways. Rig flicker circuits to the lights. Rig some 'paranormal effects'. A well done seance room would do wonders. There are great harnesses that make a fake hanging rather well for a suicide/ghost.

A blackboard is almost BEGGING for a push out wall.

There are numberous fake door/window products available that show a video through the doors "window" on the market. They can be quite effective.

1,538 Posts
I also suggest checking out the Nightmare Factory in Salem, OR. They run there haunt in the basement of the School of the Deaf as a fundraiser. Back in 2010 they were featured on the extreme home makeover show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTJj3tl3TE

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts
Here are some suggestions for a backstory:
> Some paranormal event involving school children, along the lines of "Village of the Damned".
> A small group of students mysteriously disappeared in the '80's/'90's, amid rumours of strange occurrences. Now, in 2015, there have been sightings of 'black-eyed' children, and strange things are beginning to happen again.
> The school closed some years ago after it was discovered that some of the staff members were practicing the occult in the basement / boiler room, involving some students. They unwittingly unleashed a dark, evil presence that now possesses the building.

With any of the above storylines, you could add that drifters and homeless people who occupied the building after it closed were possessed by the evil presence, and are lurking somewhere on the premises.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts