Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This sign will be placed over the entrance arch at the beginning of the walkway leading to the front door. I'll have a large winged reaper above the sign.
The sign is made from white Styrofoam about 6"x24". The wording is an accurate, according the internet 'Expert', Latin translation of the sign over the gate to hell from Dante's inferno.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Now that is something - sometimes you truly dont need to know what something means to be really creepy.
To me the word "Relinquite" makes sense but the rest who knows. All I would figure is I am giving up something and it is most likely not good and should turn back If I was to happen upon that sign.

(my only exposure to Latin was from the movie "Lonesome Dove" ) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool sign and great job making it.
It was basically a test project for making tombstones. When I went back to Illinois to visit relatives this past May I brought back two 4x8 sheets of the 2" blue stuff. It was an interesting trip home in a truck camper with all that foam.:) You can't find the blue or pink foam here at all, let alone the thick stuff and I didn't want to experiment with the foam I'd hauled 2,500 miles. If the grainy white foam turned out this well I can't wait to work with the good stuff.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love it! I have to make one now for my cemetery!
That's one of the great things about this forum, it's also one of the bad things, sometimes very bad. For instance, you think you are almost done, and all you have left to do are a few tweeks here and there, and then BAM! Someone posts something that you just have to have. Now you're like the white rabbit, "Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! I'm late! I'm late! ".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts